0.2 - Uninvited

"Hey!" A warm voice said and embraced my mom, then me. "Gosh, it must have been like ten years I saw you, you are all grown up" Josephine continued.
"Hi" I answered and smiled as I dropped my backpack to the floor.
"So, your room is at the end of the hallway, I have gotten it decorated, and I really hope you like it". Josephine explained and pointed in the direction to the hallway.
"Thanks" I answered and picked up my bag, then started walking down the hallway. I only got a glimpse at the living room, but it was huge, and with the big New York windows. We are really high up, on the twentieth floor, and I'm extremely scared of heights, but as long as I don't walk out on the balcony, I should be fine, I think...
It's a really long hallway with closed doors on both sides. I get to the end of the corridor but there are two doors. I just opened one, without thinking, but to my surprise there was a guy in there, holding his shirt. My eyes widened with embarrassment and I quickly turned around. The image of his amazing build is stuck in my brain.
"Oh I'm so sorry! I thought this was my room" I said quickly and hid my head in my hands to cover my face that probably was as red as blood by now.
"The sign on the door didn't make you think otherwise?" He said and made a small laugh.
I carefully peeked through my fingers and looked at the door. He was right, there was a sign on it that said David.
"I'm sorry, David I guess?" I said still with an embarrassed voice but I finally took my hands down, still turned away from him.
"No, this is just his room, I needed a clean shirt" he explained and then walked past me in the door frame. He stoped only centimeters from my face "my room is right there" he said and pointed at the door next to David's, it also had a sign on it.
"Okay, Lucas" I said and looked at his emerald green eyes that also looked right at me, with a smirking expression.
"Luke" he corrected me and I just nodded. I didn't get the chance to introduce me before he kept talking. "And you must be RoRo" he said and gave me the most annoying smile I have ever seen. Me, I gave him a deadly stare.
"Who gave you that name?" I said annoyed.
"My mom, she said you went by that name" he explained, still with that smile.
"Well that was when I was like six, I go by my real name now, so please, please don't say that name ever again!" I said even more annoyed, if that was even possible.
"Sure, I get it, well, you know where I stay in case you would like to barge in there too sometime" he said before starting to walk over to his room. I just stood there still, almost paralyzed. But before he closed his room door, he managed to get one sentence out "see you around RoRo". I just looked angry at the closed door and then barged into my room, which I now saw had a sign with my name on it, thank god it was Riley and not RoRo on there.
I shut the door hard after me and leaned against it. I close my eyes and take three deep breaths. I sometimes got a bit stressed out before a competition, back when I was on the high school swim team. So I used to close my eyes and just take three deep breaths. I think about starting over again sometimes, maybe there is a team at this new high school.
I opened my eyes and looked at my room. It was very pretty, just so tidy and white, not what I was used to. I'm used to a lot of stuff, our last home kinda looked like a flee market. Here, I guess my bedspreads cost more than our last rent. I walked closer to the bed and  laid down my bag beside it. I stroke my hand over the shiny bedspreads, it's super soft. Then I saw the huge windows, I started to walk closer, but stops when I started to see the streets. If I'm supposed to live here I need to be able to stand next to a window without  getting vertigo and feel like escaping the whole building. Again I took a deep breath and walked closer to the window. I looked down, and the dizziness appeared, I quickly walked to the bed but accidentally fell on the floor before getting to the bed. I hit my head on the beds panel, but it didn't hurt cause all I can think about is how I'm so high up in the sky. I try to slow my breathing but it's not easy. There is nothing worse than heights, the only heights in my old town was the clock tower.
I heard my door open and someone walking in. I'm sitting with my head leaning on the bed, my eyes closed, when someone sits down beside me.
"Hey, are you okay?" A guy asked me.
"No, why do people live in these things?" I say kinda out of breath.
"In buildings?" He said ironically.
"In the sky! How do these things even stand up? It doesn't make sense, what if the wind is really strong or something?" I keep rambling. All I heard from the other person was laughter. I opened my eyes, ready to be angry but when I saw his smile I kinda lightened up.
"I guess you're not a fan of heights?" He said, meeting my eyes.
"Of course not, who is?" I said, finally feeling calm and able to breathe.
"Maybe, skydivers, bungee jumpers or adrenaline junkies" he answered me and a smile actually appeared on my face, perhaps the first real smile since I heard about the move.
"I'm Oliver" he said and I answered back "Riley"