1.4 - Extra corricular

"That smells amazing!" I exclaimed as I walk into the dining room where Josephine had made pancakes for breakfast. There was egg, bacon and a lot of fruit too.
"Dig in, hopefully this will make a Monday morning a bit easier" she said to us all with that warm smile.
I take a seat next to David, and Luke is on the other side, I usually sit beside Oliver but after the things Darla told me at the party a few weeks ago I have been keeping my distance. The same with Luke, but I know he doesn't think about me like that.
"Michael! Save some for everyone" Josephine says as Mike holds the pancake platter.
"Here" Luke says handing me the orange juice.
"Thanks" I answered. I reached out to grab it, my hand barely touched his hand and the bottle before it went down, spilling out on the table. I hastily get up and tilted the bringer upward, then started to dab the table cloth with my napkin. "I'm so sorry!" I expressed still trying to clean the cloth. Luke is still sitting down, not helping, he should be, he dropped it too. I gave him a look telling him to help but he didn't meet my gaze.
"Don't worry Riley, it's just orange juice" Josephine says with a calm voice, but the look on my mom's face wasn't as calming.

"See you after school!" Oliver says waving goodbye as I set course to math class with Darla.
"What do you think about Darren?" She asked me as we are walking down the hallway. I wonder if she finally figured out his crush on her.
"He's really fun, why?" I asked, not trying to give anything away.
"I don't know, he was acting all weird at the party, and after it"
"Well, maybe you should talk about with him" I say as we enter the classroom and have to shut up since Darren was already sitting in the back, in his regular spot. I gave him a small wave and went to sit down.

As everyone is packing their stuff I head up to the front to talk with Mr Vance.
"Any chance you have some extra curricular I can do?" I ask him. I have noticed that to the rest of this school I am behind, I was ahead of everyone at my last school, so it's really strange. And I think I wanna try to get into a better school, maybe the ivy's is a bit of a stretch though.
"I really think you should focus on what you have now, you're new here and to our school, maybe if I get something that will spice your college application I will let you know" he answers.
A bit disappointed I walk down to my spot to pack my stuff as well. Such bullshit, does he not think I'm smart enough to keep up?
"Ledger, may I have a chat with you" Mr Vance says as almost everyone is out, Luke walked up to him, then sitting down on the bench.
I try to pack my stuff faster, but I can't hear what they are saying anyways. I was just about to leave as Mr Vance calls my name.
"Hold on" he says and I take a few steps closer to them. Luke is almost looking ashamed and gazing out of the window. "You wanted something to spice that application, well, how about tutoring" he says gesturing towards Luke.
"I don't think he needs tutoring" I say awkwardly.
"No he is quite smart, but he does need someone to help him catch up and stay on top of things" he the replies. I make a dismissing face. "If you help him, I will personally give you a glowing recommendation and get you some extra curricular"
"Deal" I say. But I can see Luke isn't as happy. He might feel ashamed but I really don't think he should, he has a reason to be feeling upset, maybe I can help him feel better. Starting with the grades.