1.7 - Trace of peanuts

Going to the pizza place has become a normal thing with Oliver. Sometimes Darla and Darren, and of course Darla has to make uncomfortable jokes about it being a double date. And the worst part is that I think I would like it to be. I promised myself that I wouldn't lock myself to anything or any boy, I want to be able to go wherever I want after I graduate high school. But Oliver has been so kind and thoughtful, and I will mention it again, he's very easy on the peepers. I have been showing him that I might be open for something else, but he doesn't take the hint. I don't know if it is that he's shy or that he didn't actually like me in the first place. But I really get the feeling that he likes me, I just want him to pick me up in the air, save the gentleman act for later.
"Hey! That's my last slice" I say taking back the pizza slice Oliver grabbed from my plate.
"Fine, I knew I should have ordered more"
"Well we could always grab some dessert" I suggested, eating my last slice.
"Now that's an idea!" He almost yelled and stood right up from his chair, he kissed me quickly on the cheek and went over to the register. I sat there still, laying my hand onto my cheek. I kinda wished it wasn't on the cheek, it felt to friendly. Maybe he only likes me like a friend, it's possible, I shouldn't believe everything Darla says. Although she is one of the brightest people I know.
"Close your eyes" Oliver says behind me, and without hesitation I closed them.
"Sure, why?" I laughed, still facing the direction of his chair.
"Guess which flavor" he then explained. Oh I hope it's blueberry flavored ice cream, not everyone has it, it's the best. "Okay open" he says and after a small laugh I open my mouth just a little bit. I felt the cold spoon on my lip and then the ice cream. I tasted it and I didn't connect the taste at first. "Any guess?" He asked. My eyes came flying open just as I swallowed the ice cream, my hand landed on my neck and I looked down on the cup with the ice cream.
"Is it peanuts?" I asked with a low voice.
"Yeah, almost, the flavors name is different though" he answered not at first realizing my shocked expression. "Are you alright?" He then asked.
"Yeah sure, except I'm allergic" I struggled to get out.
"Oh my god! Do you have like an epipen?"
I simply shake my head as I can feel my throat closing in. I usually have one with me, but since I'm not airborne allergic, I rarely end up getting a reaction, I'm very cautious, but maybe not enough.

"You are going to be just fine" the doctor said before leaving my room.
"I'm so sorry Riley" Oliver says standing beside my hospital bed.
"Really I'm fine, I should have mentioned it"
He sat down on the bed laying his hand onto mine.
"I'm still sorry" he said again, but I just gave him a smile back. A warm smile, telling him that I don't care. He then met my eyes, and now, this moment, I want him to kiss me. We are not far apart, just do it. He places his hand onto my cheek instead, my face is getting warm from his touch and I believe I'm blushing. Now, please. He leans in, with a small smile on his lips. "Is this okay?" He asked.
"Hell yeah" I answered and the distance between us finally got wiped out. It was a good kiss, it was quickly over, and I wanted it to go on. He smiled at me and brushed my hair away from my face. "You have no idea how long I have been wanting to that" he says, and I'm smiling back, but looking down for a second before meeting his eyes again. And I almost think he was going to kiss me again when the door gets slammed open.
"Riley!!" I hear my mom's panicking voice cry out. Oliver stands up quickly and walks over to the visiting chair in the room. "Have I not told you to have one with you!" She yells whilst fixing the back pillows on my bed then giving me a hug.
"Yes I know, but this was the first reaction in years and it went well" I said, regretting my words immediately.
"Yes this time! I expect you to always have one with you from now on" she said, not even giving me a chance to answer before she ran out for the doctor, probably to get every single detail.
"Can you please go after her, make sure she doesn't interrogate that poor doctor" I ask Oliver who agrees directly. He's like a knight in shining armor.
But just as I got to be alone for a second the door opens again. It was a nurse, holding a flower bucket. "This got sent for you" she said putting it down beside me. I said thanks before noticing a card in the flowers. I picked it up, it was a white note with a small message on it; 'don't worry, there is no trace of peanuts in the flowers RoRo'. There was no need of any signature, only one person still uses that name. Although I hate that name, it's starting to get less annoying when he says it. I give the note a small smile before putting it into one of my pant-pockets. He can never know that I smiled at the name RoRo.