(4)

-

-

"Fuck around and find out"

-

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Fury asked, storming into the lab.

"Uh, kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony retaliated, making Jaime look up, curious about what was going on.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract," Fury said, glaring at Tony.

"We are. The model's locked, and we're sweeping for the signature now," Jaime stated, slightly confused.

"When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile," Bruce added, pointing at the screen.

"Yeah, then you get your cube back. No fuss, no muss," Tony said.

"What is 'Phase 2'?" Tony asked as something popped up on his screen.

A slam echoed through the room as Steve entered the room, placing a large gun on the table. Jaime looked at the gun with furrowed eyebrows, even more confused than she was ten seconds ago before glaring angrily at Fury.

"'Phase 2' is S.H.I.E.L.D. using the cube to make weapons." Steve spoke.

Jaime raised her eyebrows, looking at Fury in disbelief, scoffing as he avoided eye contact with her.

"Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me." Steve apologized.

"Rogers, we've gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're making-" Fury spoke, walking towards Steve but got cut off by Tony.

"I'm sorry, Nick. What, were you lying?" Tony asked, spinning around the screen in front of him.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said, sounding disappointed.

"Did you know about this?" Jaime asked, hoping that the answer would be no, as Thor and Natasha entered the room.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor? You too, Jaime?" Natasha asked.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." Bruce shot back.

"Answer my question." Jaime demanded.

"Loki is manipulating you both." Natasha stated, moving closer to Bruce and Jaime.

Jaime scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief. "And you have been doing what, exactly?" Jaime asked, crossing her arms over her chest and raising her eyebrows.

"Neither of you came here because I batted my eyelashes at you," Natasha argued.

"Yes, and we're not leaving because suddenly you get all twitchy," Bruce stated.

"I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction," Jaime said, pointing at the screen.

"Because of him," Fury said, pointing at Thor.