(15)

-

-

"Maybe we can practice sometime?"

-

"Standard Tac team. Two behind, two across, and two coming straight at us." Steve listed scanning the space, as the three Avengers walked through the shopping mall. "If they make us, I'll engage. You hit the south escalator to the metro."

"Shut up and get on your phone." Jaime said, throwing her arm over Natasha's shoulder, who leaned into the tall woman's body.

"What?" Steve said, confused by Jaime's directive.

"Just do it." the two former assassins whispered harshly.

Steve pulled out his phone, pretending to be on a call with his head down, while Jaime laughed falsely, her head dipped, and the redhead buried her face in Jaime's chest. As they passed the S.T.R.I.K.E. team unnoticed, Steve looked anxiously over his shoulder. He quickly turned his head back around when Jaime slapped him on the stomach.

"Eyes forward, Rogers. God, you are bad at this," Jaime muttered, as Natasha snorted, causing Jaime's serious face to falter, replaced by a smile.

The three got onto the escalator going down, Jaime and Natasha leading with Steve behind them, still standing very close. Natasha spotted Rumlow getting on the escalator going up and turned to Jaime, who looked down at her.

"Kiss me." Natasha said, looking up at the tall woman.

"Now's not the time." Steve gritted, receiving an eye-roll from the two women.

"PDA makes people very uncomfortable, especially if it's a same-sex couple." Jaime replied, before bending down a little and pressing her lips onto Natasha's. Her hands wrapped around the redhead's waist, pressing into her back, causing their bodies to touch. Natasha smiled against the tall woman's lips, her hand finding its way to Jaime's cheek as she kissed her back.

Steve awkwardly cleared his throat, trying to look anywhere but at the two, who were still kissing. The two pulled away from the kiss when they had passed Rumlow. A light blush had found its way onto Natasha's cheeks as she looked down, smiling.

"I've wanted to do that for a while," Natasha admits, looking up at Jaime, who was already looking down at her, both momentarily forgetting that Steve was there with them.

"Me too, mama." Jaime replies. "Might have to do it again sometime," she adds, giving Natasha a flirty wink before they got off the escalator.

"Okay, I'm definitely uncomfortable," Steve muttered, causing Natasha to let out a small giggle as Jaime snorted.

>>>

After finding a truck and 'borrowing' it, as Jaime liked to call it, the three made their way to their destination in New Jersey.