(11)

-

-

"You're welcome, love"

-

The three Avengers were flying over the Indian Ocean, awaiting their mission. Jaime emerged from the back of the jet, joining Steve and Natasha at the front, clad in her new suit. (The top picture is the new suit.)

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." Rumlow briefed.

"Any demands?" Steve asked, studying the screen.

"Billion and a half." Rumlow answered.

"Why so steep?" Jaime inquired.

"Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D.'s." Rumlow stated.

"So it's not off-course. It's trespassing." Steve said, turning to Natasha.

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Natasha replied, glancing at both of the Avengers who were now looking at her.

Jaime sighed. "You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." she said, looking down at the redhead.

"Relax. It's not that complicated." Natasha said, raising an eyebrow as she looked up at Jaime.

"How many pirates?" Steve questioned.

"25. Top mercs led by this guy," Rumlow replied, showing a picture of the man on the screen in front of them. "Georges Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?" Steve asked.

"Oh, mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley," Rumlow answered, showing a picture of Sitwell.

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship?" Jaime asked, looking between Steve and Natasha but didn't get an answer.

"Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat, you kill engines and wait for instructions. Jaime, you take out as many agents as you can," Steve instructed. The two Avengers nodded as Jaime pulled out a knife and held it between her fingers. "By take out, I mean knock out. Do not kill unless absolutely necessary," Steve warned.

"C'mon, don't be a party pooper," Jaime said, flipping the knife between her fingers playfully. "Fine," she groaned when Steve gave her a warning look, as Natasha eyed her hand that was playing with the knife.

"Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get them out. Let's move," Steve instructed Rumlow as Jaime glanced at Natasha, who stood with crossed legs. "You okay?" she asked her with a chuckle, noticing her crossed legs.

"Hm? What? Ohh, yeah. Uh, sorry," Natasha stammered, chuckling nervously as she uncrossed her legs, pulled from her thoughts about Jaime.

"Okay," Jaime chuckled, plugging in a headphone and bopping her head to the sound of "Don't Judge Me" by Chris Brown. After that, she checked her gear and suit before joining Steve and Natasha.