(7)

-

-

"Nice landing, Top gun"

-

"Sir," Maria Hill greeted as she approached Director Fury.

"Agent Hill," Fury responded.

"Those cards. They were in Coulson's locker, not in his jacket," Maria stated.

Fury sighed. "They needed the push," he said, holding the cards in his hand as Maria looked up, confused. Seconds later, Iron Man and the jet flew by.

"We have an unauthorized departure from bay 6." An agent said through their eapiece.

"They found him," Fury stated as he and Maria looked out the window.

"Get our communications back up, whatever you have to do. I want eyes on everything," Fury continued.

"Yes, Sir." Maria said before getting to work.

>>>

"Sir, I've turned off the arc reactor, but the device is already self-sustaining," JARVIS said through Tony's coms.

"Shut it down, Dr. Selvig," Tony said, hovering above him.

"It's too late! She can't stop now," Dr. Selvig said.

"She wants to show us something!" He continued. "A new universe," he added.

"Okay," Tony sighed before shooting his lasers at the reactor.

Instead of being destroyed, the shield around it shot the blast back, causing a small explosion that blew Dr. Selvig and Tony backwards.

"The Barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable." JARVIS said.

"Yeah, I got that," Stark remarked.

Turning around in the sky and looking down, Tony saw Loki standing one level lower than him. "Plan B."

"Sir, the Mark 7 is not ready for deployment." JARVIS warned.

"Then skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock." Tony replied.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Loki said as they both entered the Stark Tower.

"Uh, actually, I'm planning to threaten you," Tony said, walking towards some stairs.

"You should have left your armor on for that," Loki said.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage and you got the uh... glow stick of Destiny," Tony said, walking down the stairs.

"Would you like a drink?" Tony asked, walking towards the bar.

"Stalling me won't change anything," Loki said, smirking.