(14)

-

-

"You could cut the sexual tension in here with a knife."

-

Jaime and Steve hurried into the hospital, making a beeline for the vending machine. They both searched for the USB stick, but it was nowhere to be found, leaving them confused.

Before Jaime could voice her confusion, she spotted Natasha behind her, blowing bubble gum with a smirk. Jaime scowled and swiftly turned around, grabbing the redhead roughly by the arms and pushing her into an empty room.

Natasha let out a surprised grunt as Jaime shoved her against the wall, her eyebrows furrowed in anger. Jaime shoved her hood down, glaring at Natasha while Steve closed the door behind them, trying to ignore the mounting tension between the two women.

"Where is it?" Jaime demanded, her eyes flickering between Natasha's.

"It's safe" Natasha stated.

"Do better" Jaime ordered, towering over the shorter redhead.

"Where did you get it?" Natasha inquired.

"Why would I tell you?" Jaime retorted, forcefully grabbing Natasha's chin making her look up at her as she tried turning to Steve for help.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" Natasha persisted, her eyes briefly darting to Jaime's lips before returning to her eyes in a split second, as Jaime maintained her grip on her chin.

"What's on it?" Steve interjected, his gaze shifting between Jaime and Natasha, slightly concerned about how far Jaime would take this.

"I don't know." Natasha replied as Jaime stepped closer to her, almost pressing herself against her.

"Stop lying," Jaime spat, glaring down at Natasha, her eyes flickering to her lips before returning to her eyes.

"I only act like I know everything, Johnson," Natasha retorted.

"I bet you knew Fury hired those pirates, didn't you?" Jaime interrogated, casting a quick glance at the door to ensure no one was approaching.

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you." Natasha replied nonchalantly.

"I'm not gonna ask you again!" Jaime sneered, her teeth gritted as she shoved Natasha against the wall once more, this time with a bit more force, causing the redhead to feel slightly intimidated by the tattooed woman standing before her.

"We know who killed Fury." Natasha disclosed to Steve, her gaze fixed on Jaime's, who released a frustrated breath through her nose.

"We? We as in you and Jaime?" Steve inquired, gesturing towards the two women.

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier." Jaime interjected, maintaining her intense stare at the redhead.