(19)

-

-

"Get your Humpty Dumpty looking ass in the car downstairs before I fucking kill you."

-

Sitwell grunted as Jaime kicked him through the door onto a roof of a tall building, his body falling and rolling over the ground.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve demanded, storming forward at the bald man.

"Never heard of it." Sitwell lied, backing up as he put his glasses back on.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian star?" Steve questioned, Jaime and Natasha walking beside him as Sitwell kept backing up towards the edge of the roof.

"I was throwing up, I got seasick," the bald man said, still lying.

The three Avengers had caged the man in on the edge of the building, so that the next step he would take would send him falling down to his death. Steve grabbed the man harshly by the arms when he lost his balance, nearly avoiding falling down.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof?" Sitwell questioned smugly, a smirk pulling at his lips. "Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

"You're right. It's not," Steve said, smoothing down Sitwell's sleeves. "It's hers," he said, stepping aside.

Natasha stepped forward and kicked Sitwell off the roof. Jaime chuckled, looking down at the screaming man falling.

"Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, Laura..." Natasha said, guessing the girl's name.

"Lillian." Steve stated. "With the lip piercing, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, she fine." Jaime nodded, smirking and glancing at the redhead. "Not as fine as you, mama." Jaime chuckled, bending over when Natasha slapped her on the stomach.

"Yeah, I'm not ready for that." Steve replied, smirking at the two former assassins.

A loud scream diverted their attention. Sitwell was being hauled up by Sam at the back of his blazer. The bald man rolled over the floor when Sam dropped him, flying a bit further before landing himself. The metal wings on his back went back into the machine.

"Zola's algorithm is a program," Sitwell breathed heavily, scrambling away as the three Avengers approached him. "For choosing INSIGHT targets," he added, holding out his hand to create space between him and the three in front of him.

"What targets?" Steve demanded.

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the under secretary of defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA," Sitwell listed. "Now, or in the future."

"In the future? How could it know?" Steve questioned.

"How could it not?" Sitwell laughed before getting up from the ground. "The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future."