(16)

-

-

"Why do i always get fucking stabbed with shit?"

-

"This is it," Steve stated, looking around as memories flashed before his eyes, while Natasha and Jaime examined the tracker she was holding.

"The file came from these coordinates," Natasha replied, tucking the tracker into her back pocket.

"So did I," Steve said, staring at the sign on the fence.

"This camp is where I was trained," Steve spoke as they continued their search for the file's whereabouts.

"Changed much?" Jaime questioned, kicking a rock around out of boredom.

"A little," Steve answered as Natasha held up the tracker near one of the buildings.

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even radio," Natasha stated glumly, standing next to Jaime who leaned her head on Natasha's shoulder, yawning. "Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off," Steve said, looking at the two women before looking behind them, staring at a certain building.

"What is it? Is there a dog or something?" Jaime questioned, spinning around in the direction Steve was looking, prepared to run for her life.

Steve led the three over to a small bunker-like building. The urgency in his steps and his serious face made the two women realize that something was wrong with the it.

"Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks," Steve explained as they approached the building.

"You really did your homework, huh, Steve?" Jaime mumbled. "Ow." she said with a chuckle when Natasha gave her a slap to the abdomen.

"This building is in the wrong place," Steve continued, ignoring his friend. Pulling back his arm, Steve hit his shield against the padlock, breaking it before pulling the door open and entering.

The three Avengers made their way down the steps into the bunker-like building. Natasha switched on the nearest light switch, revealing a S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on the wall opposite them.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D." Natasha stated as they walked further into the building.

"Maybe where it started." Steve replied, with furrowed eyebrows.

Steve pushed open a door into a room with pictures hanging on the wall. The three approached the wall, looking at the pictures with interest.

"And there's Stark's father." Natasha said, nodding at a photograph of him.

"Howard." Steve stated.

"Who's the girl?" Natasha asked, looking at the photograph hanging on the wall, but Steve didn't reply and just continued walking further inside the building.