(5)

-

-

"Coulson is dead."

-

Natasha, Bruce, and Jaime were all blown back through the glass, landing one deck below. Jaime groaned, placing her hand on her ribs in pain and feeling liquid on her hand. Looking down, she saw that she was bleeding.

"Fuck," she mumbled, looking around her and seeing Natasha a few meters away.

"You okay?" Jaime asked, standing up.

"Yeah, we're okay," Natasha responded through her earpiece, grunting from the metal trapping her leg.

Jaime's eyes widened as she realized that Natasha was stuck. She quickly moved towards the woman, while Bruce began to pant heavily, struggling to prevent his transformation into the Hulk.

"We're okay, right?" Natasha asked, looking up at the tall woman beside her.

"Ask me later," Jaime replied quickly, standing up to lift the metal from Natasha's leg.

Bruce continued to groan and wriggle on the ground. "Doctor?" Natasha asked urgently. "Bruce, you gotta fight it. This is just what Loki wants. We're going to be okay, listen to me. Bruce!" Jaime groaned as she lifted the metal trapping Natasha's leg.

"We're going to be okay, alright? I swear on my life, I will get you out of this. You will walk away and never ever—" Natasha spoke as she crawled from under the metal.

"On your life?" Bruce's voice deepened.

The two women exchanged worried glances as Bruce threw his head back, turning green. His clothes ripped as his whole body expanded. The man began to scurry away as his transformation progressed.

Jaime looked at the short redhead beside her. "Go," she nodded, gesturing away as she dropped the metal. "I won't leave you," Natasha shook her head as they heard the Hulk growl. "Shut up and go, I'll meet you later," Jaime said, her expression filled with concern as she glanced back and forth between Natasha and where the Hulk was. "You promise?" Natasha asked. "Yes, I fucking promise, now go!" Jaime said sternly as the Hulk turned around, glaring at the two of them.

Natasha quickly limped away as Jaime prepared to confront the green beast in front of her.

The Hulk charged toward her, throwing his fist aimed for her head. Jaime deftly dodged his attack and retaliated with a punch to his face. The Hulk growled in response before countering with a powerful blow to her already injured ribs, causing her to drop to her knees in pain.

With Hulk's fist descending upon her kneeling form, Jaime intercepted it with her arm and countered with an uppercut to his jaw, sending him stumbling back.

Seizing the opportunity, Jaime charged at him and delivered a powerful punch to his stomach, sending him flying backward into some metal poles. The poles collapsed on him, providing Jaime with the chance to escape.