New Agenda

I sat there on the bed listening to the water run as Jaxton took a shower. My mind still running with thoughts of stranger. What was i doing? Im 17! No job,no car. Who was i kidding? As far as i know Jaxton didnt have a job and if he did he wouldnt by tomorrow since we was two towns away from Ashland,missouri. I got up and walked to the window, pulling back the curtain and staring at the stars. I jumped as i felt Jaxton's hand on my shoulder. So lost in thought i didnt even hear him walk up behind me.

Jaxton: Anna, you can take a shower now if youd like or we can get something to eat...

Anastai: (i turned around to face him) Im fine Jaxton. I need to talk to you though.

He instantly went rigid with fear. I could see terror in his dark eyes. See the worry in his face for what i was about to say.

Anastai: Before you came and picked me up my mom told me that if i kept seeing you that she would have no choice but to kick me out. But she said some awful stuff about you and slapped her...thats why i didnt want to go back home. And now we're here and im just...idk...

My words rolled off my tongue like word vomit. No hesitation, no pause. Nothing. This was the part i hated...the waiting for a responce.

Jaxton: ( he pulled me into his arms. Still wet from his shower.) Anna my darling everything will be okay. I dont condone you slapping your mother even though she disgraced me. It doesnt bother me what people say about me. I know what they say,talk about.

I pulled away to look at his face. "I dont care about that. She disgraced you in front me. Her thoughts about our relationship are irrilavant. I swear to God that if anyone says anything about you and i hear about it I'll..I'll..."

He stopped me in mid sentence with a kiss. But it wasnt just any kiss. It was the lingering kind. The one that shoots sparks and sends chills down your body. My mind went numb. For the first time in my life i didnt care about not thinking. I was focused entirely on one thing...my dark night. Who at this time had picked me up into his arms and was walking to the bed.

He trailed kisses down my neck only to pause momentarily to tell me that he had never cared about anyone until he saw my face. Never thought anyone could care like i did. At that moment all i wanted to do was hold him until every bad experience drifted away. But since i knew that couldnt happen i just layed there letting him kiss me.