The Drop

I walked back to the motel in shock. Trying to hide what i just found. How in the hell did he get this much money? Did he kill somebody? Oh my god am i with a murderer? As i walked into our room i noticed the familiar smell i smelled from the creepy house. I stopped dead in my tracks. There she was. The girl from the house in our motel room talking to my dark night. I was repulsed at her looks and the fact that the smell apparently followed her everywhere she went.

Anastai: (clears her throat) am i interrupting something?

Jaxton: Anna,baby,come sit down. This is one of my sellers.

Girl: does she know about it death keeper?

Jaxton: no. She just knows your one of my many sellers that is all.

I sat there like i didnt even exist. Listening to them talk. They talked about a drop. Code names for things i didnt think i EVER wanted to know. I spaced out only to be snapped at by Jaxton who was trying to get my attention.

Jaxton: Anna, where are you at? Have you been paying attention?

Anastai: sorry i spaced out. Didnt think i was part of this secreative conversation.

He looked at me very serious like. I almost felt like a little kid getting scolded. It was one of those looks that chilled you to the bone and past that to your soul.

Jaxton: Exuse us. Please

He pulled me outside of our room grabbed me by the shoulders and told me that we was going to a drop. That whatever happens at a drop stays at a drop. Dont ask questions if i couldnt handle the answers. All i could do was just shake my head yes and no. No words came to me. I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. He seemed so gone. Physically he was here with me but mentally he was far far away.

Midnight

We left for the secreative spot for the drop. Even though it was dark out they blind folded me. Even though i couldnt see it was like all my other sences came in more focused more clearly. Whe had been driving for what seemed like hours when we finally stopped. We had been driving on a gravel road because i could here the gravel under the tires as we stopped. I heard feet shuffling towards us then nothing.

Car doors slammed shut. That was when i knew i was alone in the car. I wonder if its locked? I should have asked if i could bring my pepper spray. I need to be more prepared apparently.

All of a sudden gun shots exploded in the distance. I hunkered down in my seat shaking in fear. Did it hit Jaxton? Is he dead? Wounded?

I heard footsteps again. This time at a faster pace. Almost like whoever was running. Two car doors opened. The driver side and the passenger side back seat. I heard heavy breathing then i heard my dark nights voice. I sat up in my seat a little cocking my head in his direction even though i couldnt see.

He pulled my blindfold off and grabbed my hand and kissed it. Then grabbed me and pulled me in for a hug. I felt something wet against my shirt. But couldnt see anything. I panicked. I started running my hands over his body searching with my hands for any injury.

He grabbed my hands held them for a second till i stopped. Then he started the car. We peeled out of wherever the hell we was at. I fell a sleep in the car partly from exhaustion and the other from over thinking. When we pulled up in the motel drive he woke me up.

Jaxton: Anna, we're here. Lets go baby.

He got out of the car came to my side of the car and carried me into our room. When i finally woke up it was five in the morning. Light peaking in through the windows. That was when i saw the bullet wound in his side. I reached out to touch it only to have my hands grabbed up by his.

Jaxton: Dont. Ill be fine. Go back to sleep.

Anastai: but youve been shot! You need medical attention before it gets infected.

Jaxton: ive already got the bullet out. Look over at the table.

I got up and went to the table by his side of the bed. Sure enough there the bullet was. Still shiny from his blood.

Anastai: Are you sure?

Jaxton: Yes. You saw the money in the suitcases didnt you Anna?

His question made me go mute. I had been caught. Fuck! Why do i have to be curious!

Anastai: yes...

Jaxton: i figured. I knew you would look. Thats why i didnt stop you from going to the drop.

Anastai: but you blind folded me. I couldnt even see where we was going or what was going on.

Jaxton: there was a reason for that anna. The people at the drop remember faces and with you blindfolded and clad in black it was like you didnt even exist. Dont take no offence to it. It was for your safety.
Anastai: then why take me?

He went silent. Just sat up and leaned down and pulled out another suitcase from under the bed. He got up and walked towards me. He dropped it at my feet then left.