33. I'll Make It Up To You

"Let's watch Bring It On." Sarah suggests, flopping down on the lounge and resting her feet on John B's lap. She picks up the tv remote and turns on the large screen that wouldn't even fit on the wall inside our living room. 

"No, I don't want to watch a damn cheerleader movie. Let's watch a horror film." JJ suggests, trying to snatch the remote from Sarah's hands but she pulls it away from him. 

"I could go for a horror film." John B agrees with JJ's suggestion which earns him a first bump from JJ and a scowl from Sarah. 

Kie sits next to Sarah on the lounge and rests her head on her shoulder. "No, not a horror film. Let's watch a wholesome animal film."

"I think we should let Scarlett decide since it's her birthday." Pop chimes in and it was a sweet gesture but I honestly don't know what to pick. Usually I don't get to choose a film. I don't have Netflix or any type of streaming network. There would be channel 10 films on every Friday night at 6:30pm and I would often watch those. 

Sarah hesitantly holds out the remote to me and waves it around in front of my face when I don't take it from her. Eventually I take it from her grasp and flick through the new releases section on Netflix. The Pogues give their feedback with a bunch of yes's, no's and boring's as I flick through the suggestions. 

"Guys, I thought you said it was my choice."

"You are taking forever though. No offence." Wheezie let's out a sigh of boredom before sinking back into the cushion that she is resting on beside me. 

"Well technically Pope said it." JJ says, shuffling backwards away from me on the floor as I try to hit him with the remote. I turn my attention back to the tv and read the synopsis of the film Pretty Woman. While reading the words on the screen, the front door opens, followed by it slamming shut a few moments later. Heavy footsteps can be heard down the hall until Rafe's lanky body appears in the open area where the hallway meets the living room. 

He glances to his right, his eyes scanning the room before landing on mine. He holds his gaze for a moment before rolling his eyes and glancing back ahead and walking towards the staircase. 

"Hurry up and choose a movie Scarlett." John B whines and tries to take the remote from my hands, only for Sarah to pull his hand backwards and place it on her thigh. He smirks at her and slides it a little further up, only for him to stop once Wheezie clears her throat. 

"Alright, I'll choose this one. I don't want to hear any whining from any of you." I hold down the arrow button to scroll and stop on some random hallmark film. I press play and lay down beside Wheezie as the film begins playing. 

I don't know how much time passes, but it's not like I've been paying too much attention to the film anyway. My mind has been elsewhere. 

"Do you like it so far?" Wheezie whispers, leaning closer to me. 

I shrug my shoulders. "Yeah, I guess."

"What's the town called?"

"I don't know. Why are you asking that?"

She gives me a disapproving look. "Fine, what's the male leads name?"

"Ben."

"It's Jacob. You aren't even paying attention to the film."

I roll onto my side which is more comfortable. "Sorry."

She lets out another long sigh. "Go see him."

"I can't. It'll be too obvious."

Wheezie sits up. "My eyes are dry and I need to take my contacts out but I can't find where I left my eyedrops. They're in my room somewhere. Scarlett, will you help me?"