Chapter 6

(Normal P.O.V)
Lucy's eyes widen when Jude said that. She gulped nervously and looked at him.

"What do you want from me?" She asked in a hushed tone, but enough for him to hear.

"I want to talk to my daughter who I haven't seen in years." Lucy looked back down, her bangs covering her face.

"Just leave me alone!" She said coldly. "Can't you get it through your thick skull that I left for a reason?"

Jude took a deep breath. "I know what I had done in the past is unforgivable." He started.

"For that, I am truly sorry." He said softly "You might not believe me, I realized my mistake during the years you've been gone."

Lucy finally looked at him, and sighed. "Do you really mean it?" He sat next to her.

"Yes, I realized that I have been more focused on work instead of my family..." He trailed off.

"I regret it all, and I-" Lucy cut him off. "You don't have to keep on apologizing"

She said and looked at him. "I can tell how much your sorry by the look in your eyes."

Jude felt a lump in his throat, "I'm sure Layla would be proud of you Lucy."

Lucy smiled lightly, "Thank you father." After they bid their farewells, Lucy walked around.

"I didn't know you were Jude's daughter." Natsu said calmly and Lucy jumped a bit from surprise.

"Oh..." She said and trailed off. Natsu looked at her, "What's wrong?" He asked, but like always there was NO emotion in his voice.

"Nothing." She looked around and saw people getting paired up to dance.

"Would you like to dance" He asked, actually more like stating. She glanced at him and nodded.

She was going to wrap her arms around his neck, but he quickly grabbed her hands.

Thus, making an awkward aura around them. The music started playing softly and they danced.

"Thank you for tonight Mr. Dragneel." Lucy said and bowed. He just kept looking at her, "I j-"

"Lucille?" Lucy turned around and saw a man with raven colored hair. "Who are you? Why did you call me that?"

He smiled slightly, "Your father told me you were here." He said looking at her.

"I didn't believe him because you were..." He trailed off and just sighed.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that your here!" He said and hugged her tightly.

"What do you think your doing Gray?!" Natsu said with clenched fist.

Gray looked at him and smirked. "I am reuniting with my best friend." Lucy's eyes widen in surprise.

"Wait, aren't you?" He looked at her and smiled. "Hey Lulu!" He said and Lucy immediately hugged him.

"Gray!" She exclaimed and he hugged her back as well. He chuckled softly, "You haven't changed one bit."

She blushed a bit from embarrassment. "Is that a good thing or bad?"

He ruffled her hair "It's good." She smiled at him. "Ahem!" They heard Natsu clear his throat.

"This is 'sweet' and all, but I need Ms. Heartfilia to come with me so we can talk about her report."

Both Lucy and Gray opened their mouths to say something, but Natsu quickly grabbed Lucy's hand and dragged her away.

"I thought we were done with the interview Mr. Dragneel" Lucy said looking at him.

"I just said that to get away from him." He said coldly which confused her.

"Oh..." was her only response. "Come, let's go. I'll take you home." He said walking towards the exit.

"No, that's fine Mr. Dragneel! I can go home myself." She said waving her hands in front of her.

He sighed and ran a hand through his salmon locks. "How many times do I have to tell you? Just call me Natsu."

Lucy simply nodded and followed silently knowing she would not win this argument.

There was an awkward silence when they started driving. "So? You and Gray, huh?"

Lucy raised a brow. "He's a very close friend." Natsu glanced at her a few times.

"Do you have feelings for him?" He asked when there was a red light and turned to face her.

She shook her head. "Nope! Not that I know of!" She said. "I think I like someone else..." She mumbled, but loud enough to hear.

Lucy noticed that his grip on the steering wheel tightened. "Just down that street."

She said when they made it to her neighborhood. "Nice place..." He said when they stopped by her house.

She looked at him when they both got out. "Thanks, but it's nothing special."

She muttered while unlocking her door. "Thanks again for tonight....Natsu." She said.

To her it felt weird saying it out loud. He nodded and looked at her, "Here's my business card."

He said handing it to her. "There will be another event coming up and... "

He wrote down something behind it. "Here's my personal number so if you can't contact me, there it is."

She grabbed it and looked at the numbers. "You can also call if you need anymore questions to be answered."

Lucy looked at him and smiled. "I will definitely call!"

She opened the door and walked in. She faced him and smiled, "Natsu..." He gave a nod.

"Lucy..." Then she closed the door. "Yes!" She squealed in her bedroom and kissed the card.