Chapter 19

(Normal P.O.V)
Lucy stared at the email for about five minutes, not knowing what to reply with or how to even start. She really didn't want to talk to him or even think about him, especially after what happened at the party.

"Hey Lu-Chan, I'll be back. I'm going to take a shower." She said walking up to her friend. "By the way, what did the email say?" She asked.

Lucy pushed the laptop toward her friend, letting her read it.

From: ndragneel@gmail.com
To: lucilleheart@gmail.com
Subject: ________

Lucy, I would like to start this off by saying I am sorry. What happened at the party with Gray was something you probably didn't want to hear. But it wasn't true. What he said wasn't true at all. You might not believe me, but I will do anything to make you believe me. Please, let's go to a cafe and talk. Or a park. Whatever pleases you. I hope you accept. I'd rather speak to you in person.

Levy finished reading it and looked at Lucy. "Are you gonna go talk to him?" She asked.

"That's the thing. I don't know. And I don't even know if I want to talk to him about this. I don't want to get more involved with this crap." Lucy said tapping her finger on the counter.

"I think you should hear him out Lu-Chan. What if he's telling the truth?"

"But what if he's not? Gray is like... My best friend. Why would he lie about that?" Lucy spoke out after a moment. Though she was mostly talking to herself.

"Aren't you mad a Gray at all? He did admit that they supposedly made a bet or whatever." Levy said a bit confused.

"Lucyyy come on. Just go. Tell him you'll meet him at that bar we went to for Erza's Birthday." She said.

"Yeah Levy-Chan, I'm going to take Natsu to some bar downtown. Sounds like such a nice, formal place to go talk." Lucy muttered as she rolled her eyes.

"No, you're insane. I'm not taking him to the bar. I haven't even decided if I even want to for Christ's sake!" She yelled out in frustration and walked into the living room.

(Lucy's P.O.V)

"Honestly it wasn't even a big deal. It's not like it affected me." I said laying on the couch.

"I just over reacted, like one of those soap operas." I said playing with my hair.

"Lu-Chan? Are you hiding something from me?" Levy asked crossing her arms.

"Uh no? What gives you that idea?" I asked. "What really happened on the rooftop? I feel like there's more." Levy said sitting next to me.

"I told you what happened, geeze." I mumbled. "He wanted to show me the garden house on the roof, then Gray came looking for me, he kissed me, and yeah." I said crossing my arms.

"Lu-Chan." She whined and layed her head on my chest. "What happened to Bros Before Hoes?" She asked.

I chuckled. "Ughhh" I sighed. "Natsu and I may or may not have... Maked out?"

*Time Skip*
(Normal P.O.V)

"Hello Mr. Dragneel." Lucy said looking at him.

"Lucy." He nodded. Both of them stood next to each other, well more like 10 feet away.

"Look, I don't have a lot of time. You got 20 minutes. Make it snappy." She said crossing her arms. 

"Yes, of course." He nodded and lead her to a table. They both decided on meeting up at the bar since 1. It was closer to her job and 2. Lucy would need a drink after dealing with the idiot.

Both walked to the corner of the bar and took a seat. "You've been here before?" He asked looking at her.

"Yes. I've came here to celebrate my friends birthday once." Lucy said leaning against the chair. "Anyways, Lucy. About t-"

"Oi! CeCe!" The blonde looked up and smiled. "Oh Abe! Hi." She stood up and hugged him. "Nice to see you here." He said looking her up and down. Natsu caught this and sent him a glare.

"Yeah, nice to see you too. How have you been?" She asked politely. "Well I'm good now." He winked.

Lucy giggled. "That's good. Well it was nice talking to ya. I'll see you later." She said smiling and sitting back down with Natsu. "Brushing me off already eh?" Abe joked. "Alright alright. See you later CeCe!" Lucy chuckled. "So where were we?" She asked fixing her shirt.

"Abe? Let's be honest, such a stupid name." Natsu scoffed. Lucy snorted then laughed. "Oh my God, Natsu! Really?" She muffled her giggles with her hand. "He's a friend from High School." She said. "But seriously, onto the topic." 

"Oh, yeah. Anyways, about that whole rooftop thing.. Look Lucy. None of that is true I swear. If I could, I would've punched that Fucktard right in his stupid face, but I'm guessing that would've pissed you off, right?" Natsu spoke as he stared her right in the eyes, which made her a bit uncomfortable.

"Yeah.." She trailed off and looked away. "I'm sorry," She mumbled.

Wait why am I apologizing?!

"I shouldn't have overreacted." She sighed and leaned back. "Anyways, I really have to go. I'm going to be late for work so see ya!" She waved him off and quickly ran out and into her car. Once she buckled in, she let out a breath.

Before she could process anything, there was a knock on her window which caused her to jump. She sighed heavily when she saw Natsu.

"What do you want?" She asked when she rolled down her window. "I would like to invite you to my house for dinner." He blurted out.

Lucy raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?" She asked a bit surprised. "Yes. I'll pick you up. Saturday night, at 7:30. Be ready." He said and walked away.

Lucy blinked. "Okay..?"

(990 words, not including this.)

I would like to say Rest In Piece to Chester Bennington, who died today. For those who don't know, he was the singer in the band Linkin Park.