Learning To Let Go Pt.2 (J.O)

Jenna Ortega

Shout-out to tyresetheweeb & KabutoRaija For this idea, I originally wasn't gonna write a sequel but they had some good ideas on how to continue it.

Enjoy & Thank You For 21k Reads😁
-

________________________
_____________
_____

Regret, people who say regret is just a heavy feeling in your heart is a liar, it's much more than that. Regret is that bottomless pit in your stomach that no matter what you do will continue to unrelentingly twist and turn.

Regret is the what if scenarios that plague your dreams when you try to sleep at night, the futures that could've been had you just made gave him the real answer that night, express your true feelings to him before he walked out of that door. This choice I failed to make was if I actually wanted him, guess we have my answer.

Regret is checking his social media almost every other night hoping that I'd get a message from him, a simple "Hey" or "About that night." Would've made my heart skip a beat but alas it never came. He's moved on and I never knew it was my worst fear until now.

The girl he's with isn't who he actually wants to be with and I know that, I know him and that's not what he wants. But what he wanted didn't want him back so now he's taking what he thinks he wants, I should've just took the risk that night and told him how I felt.

Now, I'm forced to watch him post about this girl thinking they're so perfect and meant for each other and that's furthest from the truth.

I spend more time looking at his social media than I do mine now, my performances have been lacking because I'm too busy thinking of ways I could possibly win him back when that's not what I should be doing, is this how he felt every day with me?

I sigh and set my phone aside while staring at myself in the mirror in the dressing room. I'm in costume for a film that I'm working on but I haven't been thinking like the character, I've been thinking like Jenna and all Jenna is thinking about is him.

My thoughts went to that night I went to talk to him 2-3 months after that night that he left.

A Week Earlier

I pulled up to Y/n's apartment I've had a lot of time to think about everything and it's now that I know I want him at my side, everything with my career isn't as important as him and I need to tell him before it's too late.

I got out of my car and started my way towards the stairs until a spotted a second car parked next to Y/n's I thought nothing of it as it expected it to be one of his friends cars.

I flew up the stairs making it to his floor and I walked down the aisle up to his apartment door. I brought up my hand with a closed fist and gently knocked against the door with my knuckles. I patiently sat there with nervousness eating away at my heart.