𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝

" 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞"

You're good looking, you know you are. You thought securing fame and money would be easy like the clap of your hands. But graduating with something as measly as a degree in cosmetology made it hard to achieve your dreams.

Graduating with a degree so hard to work with left you with debt you never had a way to repay. And it constantly nagged at you. You sat on your bed, staring over and over again at the little flyer you got from the supermarket crimp ball.

Did you really want to become someone's assistant? Or was it the drive to get out of poverty that eased you into the idea? You weren't sure, but after the eighth look over it, you made up your mind.

You stood up from your position on the bed. Glancing at yourself from your mirror. You were a hot mess and you could very much tell in the reflection looking back at you. You groaned walking over to your dresser as you got a brush, hoping to tame the 4 extra inches of hair you had.

You brushed until it was smooth and silky. You threw it up into a half up half down situation before throwing on a jacket and some decent looking jeans. You did one final check of yourself in the mirror, you looked okay. Not to your full potential but you'd go all out some other day.

You quickly grabbed the flyer, folding it and putting it it into your pocket neatly. You stepped out of your room, swiping your keys from the nearby table.

You carefully opened the door to your apartment and stepped out into the stale air of the apartment
complex. You locked your door and began walking down the hallway, towards the elevator.

Mount Rageous, the most luxurious place in town. From tall skyscrapers to penthouses that sweep the city. All easily accessible to the ones who make it big in the city. But those who don't, tend to live in low quality apartment buildings crowded together.

You were one of those who didn't make it big.

You made it to the ground floor, pulling the flyer out of your pocket to check the address one more time. You sighed realizing it was in Mount Rageous Square. But they're a celebrity what did you expect?

You sighed stepping out into the cold brisk air. Walking for a few blocks until opting to public transportation. The bus ride there was quiet, and awkward. But risk it for the biscuit!!

The driver called out your stop, you smiled and they shot you a glare. When you try to be nice...

The air was different here. Not like the one from your shabby little apartment complex. It was bright and enticing, the aroma of love and lust circulating in the air around you. You stood on the sidewalk, taking in the extremity of your surroundings.

You glanced to the flyer again. The address was nearby, so maybe you'd find it soon enough.

You pushed through CROWDS of drunk Mount Rageouns and flagged off anyone wanting to sell you something. You sighed as you finally made it to the building, and apparent hot spot for celebrities alike.

A short and petit girl sat at the front desk, she fashioned herself round glasses tinted pink. Her hair was blonde and curly, she pulled it back into a neat but letting a few pieces hang by her face.

She looked up when she saw you, raising a very much accusatory eyebrow. "Who are you, what are you doing here?" she said, a tinge of annoyance lingering in the air around her.

You quickly showed her the flyer which you still had in her hand. Her observant eyes looked over it four more times before making a call. While it rang, she introduced herself.

"I'm Priscilla, nice to meet you. Sorry if my greeting was a little cold, i've just had way too many people come in here without any business. Then i have to get the burden of calling security." You laughed before asking, "Are you calling security right now?"

She smiled sweetly before the other side of the phone picked up. A quiet voice could be heard from the other end before Priscilla hummed in response. "Yea Crimp, one of your potentials are here down in the main lobby."

She hummed a few more responses before handing you a lanyard with a badge on it. "It's a temporary thing, if you pass your interview then i'll get to make you a permanent one with your name on it" She then hung up the phone and gave you the thumbs up to go.

"They're up on floor 7, click the button and it'll take you there. Though i'm sure you know how to use an elevator." she snorted before turning back to her computer and clicking away. You smiled nervously before stepping into the elevator and putting the designated number in.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

The elevator door made a nice ring before its doors smoothly opened. Your jaw dropped at the sheer sight of the hallway from the elevator. White marble lined the walls from the top, a nice soft pink lining the bottom half. And to tie it together a nice golden trim. The hallway making a lovely hexagonal shape.

You nervously stepped out into the hall. Walking down to apparently find a room labeled 'Crimps Office' You eventually laid eyes on it, the door was a deep purple and of course had the words 'Crimps Office' written on it.

You knocked softly on the door before an orange little blob. The one you had seen at the supermarket, opened the door for you. They quickly pulled you in and sat you at an ominous table, the ones you see in movies with the lightbulb hanging overhead.

She asked you a few questions. Filing through a packet of papers. Before giving the final, selling question. "Out of all your achievements in life. What do you find is the most impressive to you?"

You think for a moment, do you lie and make up something that never happened or do you tell the truth?

"I graduated with a degree in cosmetology"

Her eyes widened, glancing down to her packet before looking back up.

"I'm going to need you to sign here" She said, pushing a small piece of terms and regulations your way. You signed happily before she said.

"You're hired!"

You thanked her, shaking her tiny hand. She excused you to leave and you could see her filing through the papers again. obviously impressed by your question answering abilities.

You quickly made it back down to the lobby. Priscilla taking two glances up at you before smiling. "Get the job?" She asked, you smiled and nodded. She clapped for you, congratulating you on your successful interview.

As you made small talk with her, the doors seemed to chime signaling someone else coming into the building. You turned to be met with two google eyed green haired siblings.

They turned to look at you before both questioning your existence there. "Prisc who is this?" The girl said, pointing her freshly done claws at you. The brother, hiding behind her nodded in agreement.

Priscilla smiled. "This is your new assistant! [--]!" She smiled. The twins made it over to you, observing you. "Ugh isn't he the cutest Prisc? Did Crimp hire him? She finally did a good job for once!" She smiled clapping her hands together.

She went up to you pinching your cheeks endearingly before pulling away. You held the spot as it tingled from the sheer amount of pressure she put on it. Then, as quickly as they came they got into the elevator and back up to their floor.

Priscilla smiled again. "At least they like you?" she laughed nervously. "At least they do" You replied.

WC-1312

kind of short chapter my apologies buttt at least i have a structured plot to go off of lol