𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞. 𝐘𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠"

Your dreams were horrible enough that the sound of your alarm ringing was the bare minimum to get you out of bed.

You yawned, stretching your arms up into the air as you did so. Rubbing your eyes free of wear and stumbling out of bed. The sun barely up as you made your way to the bathroom.

You took a quick shower, your body shivering at the first hit of hot water. You quickly washed up, not wanting to make your first day on the job more humiliating than it had to be.

After a few minutes you finished. Stepping out into the steamy air that hung in the air. You looked at your blurred reflection in the mirror, a frown forming on your face.

You walk out into the comfort of your bedroom and began shuffling in your closet. Throwing clothes here and there before finding yourself content with a white shirt, a defining jacket, and a nice pair of sweats.

Nobody else was going to see you but your bosses so why bother looking better than you should be?

You rubbed lotion on your skin before putting on the clothes laid out neatly on your bed, your undergarments, pants, shirt, jacket, ready to go! You pumped a fist in the air, a few minutes to spare before having to catch a cab to the big city.

You grabbed your keys, shoving them in your pocket. You grabbed your airpods and quickly slid one into your ear; shoving those into your pocket as well before making a quick outfit check, slipping on your shoes, and heading out the door.

The hallway was musty and it honestly gave you a headache. But you'd worry about your living conditions when you had enough money to do something about it.

You quickly ran to the elevator, running into its shutting doors and grabbing onto a railing as you caught your breath. You punched in the number one for the first floor and suppressed the urge to jump while in the elevator.

The elevator hummed as it brought you down to the ground floor. Beeping quietly as you reached your desired floor. You stepped out and began to open the glass doors which concealed you from the world.

You took a deep breath in, instantly regretting it as smog entered your lungs and you began to cough. God the outskirts of Mount Rageous were rough. You waved around a bit, hoping one miserable cab driver would stop in your favor.

As the fifth cab driver drove past you, someone finally stopped for you. You threw yourself in the back seat before giving instructions to the driver and giving them a five dollar tip. Sure you were broke, but who knows what this driver would do to you.

Slowly, the grey and boring architecture shifted into that of a modern art piece. Tall penthouses and skyscrapers reached high into the sky, bright buildings and stores lined the streets around you. Barely any need for streetlights as the stores provided enough light to project it out into the streets.

The morning sun finally began to shine as you neared closer to the building. For some reason, you dreaded having an actual interaction with the twins. I mean... me too

You arrived at your stop, the driver wishing you luck, and a goodbye before you exited. You stared at the tall building in front of you, back again?