Future Shock

"The scariest thing when I wake up, is never knowing if this might be the last time I'll ever see those I love"

- Cordula Davis

***

The last thing Cordula expects this day to come.

A Mutant Jellyfish swimming along the waters of New York City. Not to mention it carries with it something akin to a toxic waste which is a huge no, no for a sudden influx of water contamination. They were able to quickly chase it out to open waters.

Currently, they were still in pursuit.

"You can swim but you can't hide from the G-Man!" Randy shouted to the fleeing mutant as it desperately tried to swim away from Godzilla who pursued it non-stop. On the H.E.A.T Seeker, the gang quickly spread out a net to capture the mutant and hopefully sedate it enough to contact Hicks and transport it to Monster Island.

"Too bad doc's laid up. He's missin' all the fun" Randy said. Elsie gave Randy a look "What fun? The jelly that thing spews is as toxic as nuclear waste" She answered, not exactly an appealing monster to have at Monster Island. She'd prefer the monster they took down than this one, at least they weren't foul smelling.

"We're just glad lucky Godzilla chased it out of New York Harbor or we'd have a major contamination problem on our hands." Nick said "Why are we even thinking about keeping this thing on Monster Island when it barely benefits the environment. The only thing it does it stink and suffocate the whole place." Cordula mumbled.

"Incoming!" Was all the warning Nick shouted before they dropped the net and ran to safety. Cordula's face grimaced as a foul smelling odor reached her nose. Nick quickly neutralized the glob with water from the water cannon in front of the deck before it bit down through the wood and into the deck.

Godzilla rose from the water with the Mutant Jellyfish in his mouth and proceeded to swing it around like a chew toy as the creature continued to let out noises. "Oh, now that gotta sting" Randy said, watching the action. Elsie squinted as she watched the clouds suddenly darken "Mother Nature at 3 o'clock!" Elsie suddenly shouted, pointing through the distance to see condense dark clouds gathering before a tornado suddenly sprung up out of nowhere followed by flashes of lightning.

"And it looks like she woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Nick called back. Inside, Monique watched as every navigation, sonar and tech began to malfunction rapidly like a domino effect. "Instrumentation is malfunctioning." She quickly informed. They all watched the storm with sinking feelings on their chest.

"Does anyone else have a bad feeling about this?" Randy asked uncertainly "Yeah, and that's bad news for me" Cordula replied. Being a fisherman's daughter, you have to be adept at reading the weather patterns otherwise a voyage out at sea might turn out to be your last. She gripped the railings tight as the feeling grew.

Monique tried to steer the seeker away but they were instantly swept into the storm via a huge shift in the waves. The last thing Cordula saw was beautiful clear skies and Godzilla's head popping out before that too disappeared as fog covered them like a veil.

***
Godzilla roared as he finished off the mutant and watched its blood stain the sea. Head popping out, he expected to see the vessel which carried his pack only to find...nothing.

Letting out a noise of confusion, he sniffed the air, their scent was still in the air but then it suddenly cut off like it vanished. Not liking it one bit, Godzilla quickly swam back to his den, thinking his pack might have gone ahead.

***

3 weeks.

Joe Davis came into H.E.A.T headquarters as Mendel welcomed him in. There was a tiredness in the man's eyes in which Joe completely understood based on his sometimes episodes of insomnia especially when thinking about her. "How is he?" Mendel didn't have to ask who Joe was even referring too as he quietly opened the cams to see Godzilla resting on his den, a half eaten pile of fish that Joe left the other day lay rotting.