Birds of Paradise

It was a normal day for the H.E.A.T team with no monster to tackle and any other anomalies out there so it was around these normal days that Nick took the time to study Godzilla and his behavioral instincts with the help of Cordula and Randy.

"If anything happens to my father's boat Nick, I'll hand you over the bill" Cordula called out from the docks as she lowered the net full of fresh fish her father and his crew caught yesterday.

Nick gave her an innocent look before calling Godzilla who appeared moments later when Cordula felt a jerk in the boat and quickly cut the line before the boat overturned.

Godzilla rose up from the surface with a giant net on his head as he stared down at Nick and Randy while Cordula hauled in what remained of the rope "With that net on his head he kinda looked like Mrs. Stupple, the lunch lady in PS 1179" Nick gave Randy a look as Godzilla blew the net away from his face with a small dose of his Atomic Breath and sent a greeting coo to Nick and Cordula before he dove back into the sea.

Nick quickly wrote down on his notepad while Cordula hopped out of the boat and into the docking bay towards the inside room of H.E.A.T Headquarters. There she saw the small TV open and a reporter reporting a small town's destruction.

"A bizarre wave of destruction continues to sweep through Southern Mexico. Maria Perez has a live report, Maria?"

"Thank you Jim. Last night, several villages in this sleepy part of the jungle were reduced to rubble.While the Mexican Government blames the damage on volcanic activity, many seem terrified of something else. A mysterious predator that no one can describe"

Elsie turned off the TV with a pondering look on her face "What do you think of that?" Cordula asked as she walked right up to her. Elsie gave out a pondering noise before Mendel came in with a phone in his hands.

"Phone call Elsie..uh..Lawrence Cohen?" Mendel gave Elsie a questionable look on how a stranger even got to their landline. "Lawrence Cohen?" Cordula blinked when Elsie's demeanor rapidly changed to one of pure irritation and something akin to one who suddenly had the case of constipation.

"Take a message" She said shortly. Mendel gave her a bewildered look "Uh...but he sounds pretty upset and something about Mexico" Monique shot off from her seat at the word 'Mexico' and Elsie let out a confused noise as she turned her attention to Mendel as did the rest of the gang.

***

Mexico, Yucatan

They arrived in Mexico, Yucatan early in the morning with the sun brightly shining down as they drove through the entrance of what was left of the town "This doesn't look like Earthquake damage" Nick said as he got off the truck.

Cordula saw a few kids carrying a few baggage and went over to them "Hi there, can you tell me what-" Before Cordula could finish, their parents immediately pulled them away from her and sent her looks of fear and slight anger.

Cordula blinked before she walked back to the truck "Whoa...what's their problem?" Randy asked when he noticed the slight incident. Cordula shook her head "I don't know but whatever happened here really scared them" Cordula stated.

Randy pulled out a brown paper bag and started munching on them "You are seriously thinking of food?" Cordula looked at Randy in shock, even more so when she caught the smell of spice in the air.

"I'm starving..." Mendel said over to them. Randy gave Cordula a playful look before handing the bag over to Mendel "Dig in" Mendel thanked Randy and without hesitation, brought the food inside his mouth.

"Fried Jalapenos"

Mendel made a sound of delight before he let out a small yelp when the spice burned his tongue "Hot! Hot!" Cordula quickly handed him an army military water bottle and he drank it down half dry and let out a small sigh of relief "At least your stomach's full" Mendel gave her a 'not-funny' look.