The Winter of Our Discontent

A loud sound woke Cordula up before tried to go back to sleep by covering her head with a pillow but to o avail. Honestly, she could take whatever mutation comes in her way with the team but she could not stand Mendel's excessive work on using Godzilla's calling roar. 

Oh..Mendel you are so going to get a lecture out of me concerning sleep policy.

Just as Cordula opened up her phone, her father's startled voice screamed down below their newly built home just near the sea after some explaining from her and her sudden desire to be near.

"What's with all of that noise?! And is that Godzilla?!"

Confused, Cordula opened up the blinds to see Godzilla eating another warehouse full of fish but this time, the fishes were on display as if somebody wanted him to come there.

A thousand lights then flashed right in front of her eyes and she screamed when they blinded her. Godzilla's roar went ringing into her ears as she tried to clear her vision. She heard footsteps running up to her room and saw her father closing the blinds.

"Get My Coat!"

***

Cordula ran as fast as her legs could take her towards Godzilla who suddenly collapsed with those blue robots flying around him. All of a sudden, they made a dive in a tactical formation as they advanced towards an unconscious Godzilla.

"Godzilla Wake Up! Please Get Up!" Cordula screamed when she saw from the corner of her eye the Heat Seeker. When Godzilla heard her voice filled with desperation, he snapped his eyes wide open and stood up, roaring as he fired an Atomic Breath at the attackers.

Cordula managed to get to him and started her climb to the top of his head, all the while hanging on with all her might. She reached on top before she hissed when the lights hit her and possibly Godzilla in the eye.

"Back to the water Godzilla!" 

Cordula screamed but his constant roaring prevented him from hearing her and not even her soothing tones work. What was going on with Godzilla and who made those robots to attack him?

"Godzilla! Go Back! Back in the water!" The sound of Nick's voice made her sigh with relief when Godzilla started moving back but then those robots began circling around him. Cordula hung on as Godzilla took down one with a sharp swipe of his claws.

A loud noise made her turn her head around to see the shadow of a large boat just beside the Heat Seeker "Do not interfere, you are trespassing on private property!" The sound of the man's voice in the megaphone pissed Cordula before she felt Godzilla jump up to chomp down the remaining and irritating robots before he headed back to finishing his meal.

Cordula slid down and landed in a pile of fish. She sprang up and spat out the fish residue inside her mouth "Why is it I always kiss a fish when I am with you?" Cordula asked and Godzilla made a crooning purr at her before he went back to his meal.

Cordula slowly got herself out of the fish pile before she looked around. Where was she? All of a sudden she heard Godzilla roar out and sharply turned around to see him shaking his head and making erratic movements.

"Godzilla? What's wrong?" 

She jumped when he turned to look at her and gave a furious roar before he dove back to the sea. She narrowed her eyes before she heard someone coming and quickly made a hasty retreat before anyone could spot her.

She needed to regroup with the team.

***

"Its a wild animal Nick, how long before it turns on you!" Cameron's voice echoed inside Nick's head and he grimaced as he and the rest of the team left. As they headed back to headquarters in the Heat Seeker, Nick pulled up his phone and contacted Cordula.