D.O.A

The only thing Cordula ever wanted whenever she was fighting mutants with her friends who were older than her and her favorite mutant iguana or battling her mental health cancer in school education was a good night's sleep.

RING!

RING!

"One good explanation as to why you are calling me in the middle of the night?!" Cordula grolwed lowly as she rubbed her eyes to avoid going back to sleep and miss the one who was calling, despite the fact that was what she wanted to do right now.

"Whoa chica, what woke you up on the wrong side of the bed?"

Randy's energetic voice made her crawl back to bed "GO bother Mendel Randy, I'll see you in headquarters tomorrow" She mumbled as she slowly felt sleepy "So you don't want to know that the gang is heading out to Costo Rojo tomorrow?" Cordula blinked as she shot up from her bed "Tomorrow?! Why didn't you tell me?!" She screamed a she fumbled out of her clothes and began packing.

"The news came out late. Hope I didn't ruin your night's sleep. Good Night" Randy ended the call and Cordla flopped on the bed with a small grumble.

You just did Randy.

***

They had left early and got to Costo Rojo when the sun was already shining and Cordula regretting she never brought a hat. The team settled themselves in a small boat and headed to shore with the Heat Seeker not far away.

"Costo Rojo, so how come I never heard of this place?" Randy asked in the driver's seat with Nick beside him "Because you were educated in America" Monique said simply and Elsie locked eye contact with Cordula who shrugged her shoulders. By now it was already common for her to hear Monique act high and mighty.

They docked the lifeboat to the sandy beaches and Nick walked towards the edge of the forest. He took out his binoculars and held them in front of his eyes "Chasing down the world's biggest worm" Elsie joked as she walked up beside Nick "Must be a dream come true huh Nicky boy?" Nick put down his binoculars and turned his attention to Elsie.

"Assuming the rumors are true, yes"

"Could this be another result of the radiation that created the original Godzilla?"

Cordula blinked then pulled Randy by the ear "Ow!" Randy winced "You said this mission was urgent. I should have been studying at home" Cordula groaned and Randy grumbled "Sorry, I thought you'd be pretty excited in chasing down a worm" Cordula gave him a blank stare "IF that worm is mutant then yes" Randy grinned "Well they did say the worm was big"

"We're talking how big?"

"Do we really have to go in there?" Mendel asked with a hint of despair "Hey just think of it as Yosemite Park with the anacondas and the jaguars" Randy chuckled, trying to rile Mendel up who closed his ears "I'm not listening to you la la la la" Mendel said before he heard the roar of a familiar predator.

"Jaguars...?" He gulped before he was patted in the back by Cordula "Don't worry Mendel, you'll be fine. I'll be with you if you want to just for company's sake" Mendel gave Corula a grateful smile "Thanks Cordula"

***

"The first sighting was three miles due west of here" Nick said they slowly crossed a rickety old bridge. They had been walking through the forest for the past few hours with Cordula taking pictures of the different plant life for her biology class.

"This is our chance to invaluable data to the worm community"

"There's a worm community" Elsie said "I never knew you would talk to something so passionate about worm community Nick" Cordula called from behind a terrified Mendel as he tried to cross the bridge.