The Meeting

It was finally a normal night. Godzilla was gone, the city was in shambles and alive, everyone was slowly getting back to their normal routine and trying to hide the fact that what just happened never changed their lives for the worst.

And it was raining.

Great.

I made my way through the crowd that was heading towards the dead body of Godzilla trying to get at least a glimpse of the monstrosity that teared up their city.

Somehow I pity the guy. Though it did tear up the whole city like minced meat, it was only simply because of its babies which were already history.

I spotted my father sitting in one of the bus stops and headed to his way "About time you showed up kiddo" He gave me a grin and I snorted.

"Sorry but the cabs were unavailable due to the heavy road blockage in the bridge"

My father, Joe Davis owns a fishing company that ended up being a buffet table for Godzilla but somehow, my man never lets out a small ounce of anger at what Godzilla did.

"The guy is just hungry. Let him eat"

He always sees the world differently and I guess it was why my mother loved and married him and died when I was born.

"Poor fella, the world just isn't even ready for a change. Too caught up in what they think not what they see"

"Yeah..."

I said absentmindedly as we both walked in the rain for about twenty minutes before we saw out temporary warehouse home full of stored up fish my father managed to catch during the Godzilla attack.

"So when do you think our house will be back in full shape?"

"Probably in about a few months"

I huffed, my schoolmates are going to pick on me about smelling fish for real this time. See, My name is Cordula Davis and because of how watery my name is and my family's company, they like to pick on me saying how fish smelling I smell.

I don't even live near the sea at all!

Well, until today that is.

"She's gonna need some repairs by tomorrow and I'll need all the help"

My father's voice brought me back to my musing and I nodded eagerly wanting to curl up in a bed and sleep for tomorrow.

***

It was a routine for Joe to always check the fish in his warehouse one last time before he retires to bed to make sure nothing goes wrong.

What he wasn't prepared was the sound of something crawling, munching and making animal growls. He slowly made his way to a barrel of fish and blinked at what he saw.

A baby Godzilla eating all of his fish in one gulp.

The baby made a noise of contempt and Joe decided it was best to leave it alone for awhile before he catches it.

Dealing with an animal busy in eating was like dealing an aggressive lion.

***

I woke up from the sound of scraping and wondered as to what my old man was up to in the middle of the night while it was raining.

I covered my night clothes in a more comfortable coat and headed downstairs of the warehouse and heard the sound of growls. I nearly froze when I heard my father shushing at something.

Or rather someone

I hastily opened the door to see my father trying to calm down a defensive baby Godzilla who was backed up into a corner.

"Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on?"

I managed to speak after a few minutes of staring at my calm father in front of a predator twice the size of a building.

"Looks like they didn't get all of the eggs honey. This one looked like it just hatched"

Joe said, never taking his eyes off the baby who growled and bared his small tiny fangs.

Joe slowly backed away and made reassuring noises "Its okay little one. No one knows but my daughter and I about you. That's it, nice and easy now" I slowly stood in between my father and the creature when it suddenly started to sniff and walk towards me.

Oh Shoot!

***

He stared at the human in front of him with a wary look and took a defensive position. Without the protection of his parents and his father nowhere to be found he was on his own.

Why did his father make him leave?

He let out another growl when the male drew close when something unfamiliar caught his nose and heard the sound of another approaching.

In came a different looking human with a worried look on its face and once it turned its attention to him, he saw the slight fear but not aimed at him.

It was for the male in front of him.

He let out a huff and turned to look at the new person in front of him who was slowly inching its way to the male. They had the same scent, are they family?

Family.

He sniffed and found out the pheromones of the one now standing in front of the male was a female.

He slowly moved forward towards the female and stood in front of her. The female froze and he let out a small crooning noise before he pressed himself against her. The smell of fish and something else that reminded him of the sea made him hum a content noise.

***

What...in the Lord's name just happened?

"Uh...dad, a little help might suffice please" I was downright confused at the action of this baby and my father was just standing there doing nothing but staring and moving away?!

"I think the baby is marking you"

My father's explanation only sent me into a whirlwind of confusion "By marking you mean..." Joe sighed and wiped an invisible sweat on his forehead "What I mean is the creature must be looking for comfort aside from its parents. Especially when its parents are dead" I made a small hiss between my teeth and the baby Godzilla looked up at me.

For something that looks so innocent, its going to grow up dangerous.