New Family (Part 1)

A thousands thoughts are running through my mind as I watched with bated breath at what Godzilla was going to do. Godzilla suddenly closed his opening jaw and began to sniff at the man before he made cooing noises.

What?! 

He gently lowered the man down and I recognized him as Nick Tatopoulos. The one that brought down the first Godzilla with his team. Oh No!

I burst through the gates and began yelling like a madwoman. My only goal was to lead Godzilla out of there before one of them gets ideas on ways on how to kill him.

"Godzilla!"

My scream must have startled the entire team and Godzilla because he was suddenly facing my way with a curious croon as he lowered his enough for me to pet his jaw "Don't you ever scare me like that again. Geez when I thought you were going to eat I don't know what to think. I'd be housing a fugitive!" As I ramble through and continue petting a now calm lizard, I barely noticed the crew staring at me.

***

"Are you seeing what I am seeing?" 

"If my eyes are better than you, I'd say I am"

This strange woman happen to arrive just in time for Godzilla to lower Nick down for some unexplained reason "I am rambling now am I" The woman said and stopped petting Godzilla who let out a keen whine before turning its attention to Nick who had his hands raised.

"Follow me! Do what I do!"

He called out and Godzilla began to slowly advance towards Nick and the woman pondered at the scene with rapt attention before she was pulled by a red haired girl inside.

"That's right, follow me!"

Nick continued to call out and as soon as his feet touched the water with the woman and his crew inside to safety, Nick quickly threw his red jacket into the water before slowly making his way inside and Randy quickly shut the door.

***

Outside I could hear Godzilla's annoyed scraping and annoyed growl when the Mexican guy punched the up button to the elevator. I blinked as I stared at all of them as they gained their breaths as if they had run a 100 mile around this place.

"Intense?! I think so" 

The Mexican guy said with a small hint of awe "Okay...what just happened?" The red haired girl said and I quickly answered "You just saw the offspring of Godzilla. By the way who are you people and I know you but not all of you" I said, pointing at Nick but looking warily at the others.

No one answered me until the elevator stopped "Who cares, let's get Hicks on the line before it decides to eat Brooklyn for lunch" I glared at him "Do that and I may have to hurt you" All eyes turned to me.

"The names Elsie Chapman, what's your story"

I coughed and began to introduce myself "My name is Cordula Davis and as for why I knew Godzilla well...he kinda sneaked himself inside my fathers fishing company late night and decided to have a sleepover there" Elsie raised a brow.

"And you didn't contact the authorities? Why?" 

I gave her an equal challenging glare "Godzilla was just a child and my father said he just recently hatched. How would you feel if a baby with no parent wanders around to who knows where without supervision" Elsie and I continued to glare at each other.

"Also, the creatures not leaving here"

Nick added, ending our small stare competition "What makes you so sure?" Elsie asked "When it hatched, I was the only one there, I had this gunk on the eggs all over me. The creature must have picked up on that scent and imprinted on me like a baby with a parent" I snapped my fingers.