Hive

It was one thing for Cordula to meet, greet and subdue a monster wreaking havoc in a city but it would be a whole other thing if that specific place is mutated.

"Ugh...I can't believe we schleped halfway around the world on the word of some freaked out looters" Mendel said irritatingly and tiredly as he wiped the sweat on his forehead.

"Will you quit griping, how many chances do you get to explore a mutated ecosystem?"

Elsie asked Mendel with excitement filling her eyes "Probably more if you keep this up Elsie" Cordula joked "Besides, we're not just here on their word. The head of the Resort Company requested that we check it out" Nick explained as he drove the boat towards shore.

"And he asked in the universal language...mula" Randy said, saying the last part slowly. The volcano on the island let out a booming sound before an underwater geyser sprang water up right beside the boat.

Mendel gasped as he flinched back "Underwater Thermal Geysers" Nick informed them before they make another reaction "Uh..." Mendel continued to scoot away to the point where Monique shoved him away.

"Please, shield someone else" Monique said as she crossed her arms and gave Mendel a look before a geyser right below them overturned the boat.

Cordula immediately stood up before she realized it was only knee deep "Help! Help me!" She heard Mendel screamed as she watched him splatter water around with his eyes closed.

"Mendel calm down!" Cordula shouted as Mendel continued to struggle. Monique casually walked up to him with an amused on her face.

"Would you like a hand Monsieur Leugimis?"

Mendel stopped realizing what he was doing was completely embarrassing and humiliating "Uh...No thanks, I'm fine" Mendel said as he stiffly stood up and picked up his fallen hat in the water.

As Monique made a dive to grab the tools that had fallen into the water, Randy glanced back at her "This Gilligan has a hankering for ginger" Randy said in a drawl.

"Keep it up, we might need someone to sacrifice to the Volcano God" Elsie said casually and Randy gave her a shocked look with his mouth open.

"Nice place, they really use it as a test site in the 50's?" Elsie commented and asked "Yeah underground testing. 20 years later they wised up and started building luxury hotels" Randy answered as he walked right beside her.

"Which leaves the chemicals left behind from the tests to mutate the ecosystem in this island" Cordula added "Elsie! Gather whatever data you can!" Nick suddenly called out. Cordula turned to see Monique looking at the engines of the boat.

"Any problems Monique?"

"It would appear that we might have to limit our sight seeing today. The sheer pin is broken and there is a leak in the fuel line" Monique informed.

The volcano in front of them let out a booming sound of warning as the smoke rising above became blacker and blacker by the minute "We're not staying any longer than absolutely necessary" Nick said as he shut the lid of the engine.

Elsie quickly took out her transmitter and began checking out the plants surrounding the sea "Normal, Normal...and Normal. Shouldn't there be a road here somewhere?" Elsie asked, wanting to explore more of this island.

Mendel walked towards her with N.I.G.E.L right beside him "You're looking at it" Mendel said "How am I suppose to hack my way through that?" Elsie asked "You don't N.I.G.E.L does" Mendel added as he activated N.I.G.E.L who brought out two circular razor cutting blades and began slicing the grass in front of them.