Monster Wars (Part 3)

"This is one paper view event I could have lived without" Mendel said sadly "Is there no way to stop this?" Monique asked, refusing to give up. Randy scoffed "Not without their permission" He said, pointing to the soldiers at the back.

When the aliens were busy admiring the destruction, Nick leaned slightly to Mendel and whispered "We have to shut down the Tachyon broadcasts. That's how the aliens are magnifying the telepathic powers in controlling the monsters"

Mendel nodded before passing the message to Cordula who narrowed her eyes "Our invasion force draws near" The aliens said, gesturing to a screen above Randy that showed alien ships moving closer to Earth.

"Once the mutations have forced your armies to deplete their weaponry. The colonization of Earth and the enslavement of its people will begin"

Not if we stop it first.

Cordula never thought that the fate of the entire planet would now rest on their shoulders. She almost felt like this was all part of a dream sequence of a movie and any moment she would wake up from this nightmare and go on adventures again with the team and the big guy by her side again.

"If you want to take over our planet so badly, why are you destroying it?" Nick asked as he stepped forward. "Necessity. However your architectural designs are not displeasing to us. We hope to restore as many as we can" The aliens said.

"How comforting to be known throughout the cosmos as the species that created aluminum siding" Mendel said sarcastically that surprised Randy to look at him. "Remove them" The aliens said with a wave of its tentacle hands.

"Major, don't let the aliens use you as a puppet. Fight them" Nick pleaded, placing his hands on the major's shoulders to no avail when he pushed Nick to the ground.

"Nick!" Cordula shouted as she promptly pushed one soldier and ran to Nick's side only to be tackled. "Hey! Let her go!" Randy shouted as he shoved the soldier off her. Cordula gasped for much needed air and thanked Randy with a nod.

They were roughly escorted out and into a moving truck meant for prisoners.

There was silence inside, each member lost in their own thoughts when Mendel spoke up "Tachyons" Cordula glanced towards him "What about it?" Her question prompted Mendel to ask out loud "Why are the aliens using faster than light transmissions control monsters here on Earth?" Everyone looked at Mendel as he finished that sentence.

"They must be routing the commands to their alien home world then bouncing the signals back to Earth" Nick explained "Kind of like a walkie talkie although I much prefer them to be smaller size" Cordula winced when there was a slight jolt inside the truck.

"So you're saying these guys need their bosses back home to sign off on the creatures' marching orders?" Randy asked "Yes" Nick said "So severing the link to their home planet will not only cut them off with the monsters thereby freeing them from mind control, it can potentially disrupt their entire invasion plan" Cordula said in realization.

"And our best course of action is to obstruct all alien transmissions" Nick said with a serious look on his face "One small problem compadres. The mind readers aren't gonna let us fool around with their gear no matter how nice we ask" Randy said.

"Then we must be 'not nice'" Monique said with a smirk. Cordula listened outside "Looks like we're nearing wherever they're gonna take us. The truck's showing down" Cordula said.

"Get ready to move"

Outside, the soldiers moved to each side of the truck's doors when Monique suddenly kicked the door open, startling the soldiers to the ground as Nick and Monique tackled them to the ground and took their alien weapons.