the fight against old allies

Lula pov

As I looked at my thought-to-bead friend, he looked at me and gave a smile that didn't look right on his face,

"Jex your alive but how," max said and Jex just signed before talking.

"I survived, thanks to the nemetrix," Jex said and rook had a question.

"But the nemetrix can not be used by a sentient being it would corrupt their minds" rook said and I look at jex with concern but he just smiled.

"That was the case with the original one but this is an upgraded one it allows me to use transformations without losing my mind I only transforming parts of my body, allow me to demonstrate,"jex said and press the nemetrix and in a flash of red light several red spikes immediately sprouted from his back and forehead.

When I saw saw the transformation I immediately knew what it was and I couldn't help but open my eyes wide.

"No way," I said and Jex laughed.

"Oh but yes way Lula, a pondus lacertae, the natural predator of the citrakayah species and not only do I look the parts I also act the part," jex said before he launched a beam of red energy from one of his spikes at me and when it hit me I really felt a 100 times heavier making fall to my knees and I was about to say something when you Ben spoke before me.

"Rook take the others and get out of here I'll take care of jex," Ben said and after a moment of hesitation rook nodded and pick me up and ran with the others following
And as we were running away I looked over Rook shoulders and watch Ben faced off against Jex and one thought was going through my head.

"How could I have let this happen to him,"

No one pov

Ben still in his swampfire form stood across from Jex as he press the nemetrix again in the spikes retreated back into his body and his right arm changed to assemble some kind of insect.

They started to charge at each other and Ben made the first move by sending three fire balls but Jex blocked with his hand and then sprayed some kind of gas but Ben throw seeds on the ground and vines quickly grows from the ground blocking the gas...

They started to charge at each other and Ben made the first move by sending three fire balls but Jex blocked with his hand and then sprayed some kind of gas but Ben throw seeds on the ground and vines quickly grows from the ground blocking the gas but Jex cut through the vines and slammed Ben into the wall making a debris cloud but in the debris cloud there was a flash of green light before a hundreds of sharp Crystal shards came flying in but but Jex used his super speed to hide behind some crates blocking making the shards stick in the boxes and Ben stepped out now as DiamondHead.