17 - Encounter

A man that Matt couldn't see, was holding a gun to his head. He couldn't think of anything else it could be. But he didn't dare to turn around.

Matt was screaming internally, this whole situation was too scary! But he knew it would be best not to scream aloud, or else the man might actually shoot him. Matt managed to speak up after a few seconds.

"Ok, no problem man!"

He was trying to sound casual, but in reality, he was more scared than he had ever been. He noticed the feeling of cold metal went away, as the man spoke up.

"Good, you can reach into your pockets, just don't try anything funny. Or you'll look like Swiss cheese before you can figure out how to pronounce bologna!"

Matt reached for his wallet, but he suddenly heard a 'ding!'

__________
[New Quest]
Defeat Ned [Reward: +Mystery Reward, +1 Unassigned Stat Point, +50xp]
__________

The quest almost gave him a heart attack.

'Oh come on, not now!'

Matt glanced at the details while slowly reaching for his wallet.

'Why do I need to know his name!? Who cares?!'

He sighed internally, moving his attention to the rewards. A stat point, XP, and there was even a mystery reward like his rent quest. But he wasn't happy.

'There's no way I'm gonna risk my life for this. And I'm already getting a mystery reward from my rent quest. I'll just have to fail this one.'

Matt finished his motion and gave his wallet to the robber. He did it slowly so as to not seem threatening. But, somehow he felt less scared than before. He laughed in his mind.

'Ned is not a very scary name I guess.'

Ned took his wallet with an excited grin and rifled through it. But then he suddenly frowned.

"Hey, there's no money in this thing!"

Matt thought for a second before saying.

"Of course not, who carries cash anymore?"

Ned's brow furrowed and he looked furious. He lifted the gun and aimed it straight at Matt.

'Oh shit! Fuck!'

Matt started to freak out. He hadn't realized this guy would be so impulsive. He basically dug his own grave.

'Why did I say it that way!?'

His mind went blank as he saw the gun pointing at him, he was so scared. He was trying to figure out if there was any way to live.

It happened in an instant. There was the sound of a gunshot, but Matt was unharmed. He had his hands raised with his [Storage] portal between him and where the gun was aiming.

(+1 Used Bullet) [1/25 Items]

Ned looked confused. He was sure he didn't miss.

'Holy shit that was awesome!'

Matt had a rush. He literally stopped a bullet, and adrenalin was running through him.

'He looks confused, can he not see the portal?'

While Matt was thinking Ned snapped out of it and aimed the gun again.

'Oh shit!'

Matt quickly pushed the portal forward, and in an instant, Ned's gun was gone.

(+1 Gun) [2/25 Items]

Ned looked confused, but also furious.

"What the fuck is going on!?"