39 - Alert

Matt ran through the city with his new agility. He was making sure he stuck to back alleys and areas devoid of people so that he wouldn't draw too much attention.

Every once in a while he had to make a quick change of direction to avoid sudden objects in his way. He was trying to save the shoe's speed boost to change direction for situations where it would be hard to dodge something.

As the buildings sped by, he kept receiving new notifications from his system.

__________

[Training Successful]

+1 Agility

__________

'That's the second time now. Not bad.'

Matt wondered why he was getting more agility now than when he was just delivering food.

'Maybe it's because I'm not only running but also dodging things?'

He decided to go with that for now. If that was the case, he wondered what other things might be able to increase his agility.

'Probably gymnastics and stuff like that.'

As he was lost in thought, he slammed straight into a street light pole. At the speed he was going, it didn't feel good.

[-6 HP]

"I really need to stop doing that!"

__________

[Training Successful]

+1 Constitution

__________

"Yeah yeah, I get it."

Matt waived dismissively at the popup, but he was glad his stats were leveling at least.

'Constitution would not be fun to train...'

He was glad he had more health now after his last level-up, so hitting the pole wasn't that big of a deal. He also noticed that it didn't feel as painful as falling out of the tree earlier.

'Is my pain tolarance scaling too?'

He assumed that was the case but he didn't know if it was due to his HP going up or his Con. He rubbed his face where he got hit and began to sprint to his destination once again.

He casually checked his stats on the way but made sure to stay more aware of his surroundings this time. He wanted to use this time to multitask instead of only sprinting since his hometown was decently far away and he would get bored easily.

He checked his system and started trying to figure out what he should prioritize.

'So I don't really know how much a stat evolution increases its effect, but it wouldn't hurt to aim for stat evolutions. Raising my stats is a decent idea anyway.'

He looked at the stat which was the closest to evolving, which was Int. It was at 18, so he decided he should focus on increasing his intelligence before the other stats.

'After 20, I'm not really sure what stats I should prioritize.'

He looked at his quests and was considering putting points into whichever stat could help him complete his current quests.

'One quest is to just reach level 5, so no specific stat matters there. The other quest wants me to compete in an event and win... Well, I guess it depends on the event.'

He thought about different types of events. He could always increase his strength and agility to compete in some sort of physical event like sports, a race, or something else. But also, if he invested points into intelligence and used his mind palace to study the relevant subject, he could win a chess event or something similar.