27 - Gym Arc

Matt walked through the city, heading toward a specific building. He had located it again on his map and decided it was the perfect place to test his strength. The gym.

He had thought about running there, but this part of the city was fairly busy and there were a lot of people around. Also, it never hurt to take a stroll. He wasn't too worried about time either.

He still had at least a couple hours before sunset and while he was a little worried about the events of last night repeating if he stayed out past dark, his new strength helped ease his mind a little. Also, in the worst-case scenario, he planned to just use his 20 agility to run away from any danger.

As he walked, he made sure to use [Inspect] on everything he passed by. The past couple of days, he had been a bit distracted and kept forgetting to use it. Considering the amount of time and use it had taken to level up [Map], he had assumed [Inspect] was very close to leveling up.

He was correct. After a couple of minutes of scanning things as he walked, he heard the sound he was hoping for.

__________

[Inspect] has leveled up!

[Lv.1] -> [Lv.2]

__________

'Finally! That took quite some time!'

Excited to test out his upgraded [Inspect] skill, without hesitation he yelled the words in his mind, remembering not to yell them aloud while in public.

'Inspect'

He had again, aimed at a random rock on the ground, hoping it would give a different, more detailed, description than before.

__________

(Concrete Fragment)

A small chunk of concrete that resembles a rock, broken off from a larger concrete tile.

__________

'Well, that sure is a lot better. I guess that's everything I'd want to know about a rock anyway right?'

He felt satisfied that his skill was finally a bit useful. He suddenly had an idea. A couple of days ago, he had tried to use [Inspect] on a stranger walking by, but it just errored.

He wondered if it would work now that it was level 2 and what kind of information it would display for a person. He tried to use it on someone walking by, but he carefully tried not to stare for too long so he wouldn't seem like a weirdo.

From the outside, it just looked like a passing glance.

__________

(Error: Entity not in the database. Using general entity data.)

Species: Human

Age: Mid Life

Biological Sex: Male

General Info: A bipedal creature that is common on "Earth". The creature seems to be wearing textiles to cover themselves.

__________

'Uhh, what's up with the description? It's just phrased weirdly.'

He looked at the info that showed up and it caught him off guard how unspecific and unbiased it was. It was actually a bit creepy.

'What does it mean that the entity is not in a database?'

He thought about it, and because his intelligence was decent, he didn't have a hard time coming to a conclusion even without [Help].

'It's because he doesn't have a system, right?'

When he considered it, that really was the only explanation that fit, at least with the current info he had. But it wouldn't hurt to bring it up with [Help] later. But for now, he continued walking to the gym.