28 - Self Defense

Matt set the weight back onto the rack and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

'It's nice to know I can still train my strength at a gym even with 20 points. I thought it might have been too high to see any results.'

He remembered [Help] mentioning that you needed more intense training the higher level a stat is. But it would be super inconvenient to have to find some other way to train if the gym didn't work.

'So I guess 20 strength seems to equal super strong dude, but not inhuman?'

He wasn't exactly sure what the average gym goer could lift, but he assumed someone lifted ones these heavy. Otherwise, they wouldn't even be in the gym. He also noticed that the heaviest one-handed weight on the rack was 100lb.

'I'll make sure to come back here to fully use the full month I bought, but I should get going for now.'

He looked outside of the window and saw it was sunset. It would be dark in just over an hour.

'I think it's too late to do the money-making plan I was thinking, so I'll do it tomorrow and do some deliveries tonight.'

The plan required a lot of people around, and now that it was going to be night, it would probably be less effective.

He walked back toward the entrance of the gym and exchanged goodbyes with the front desk person. He walked out onto the street and opened up his phone.

'Ok, there are a few deliveries. Time to start!'

He accepted a job and began his night of delivering food. As he completed one after another, he noticed his stats weren't increasing at all.

'I guess this wouldn't be enough by itself anymore.'

He knew that if he did enough deliveries he could level a stat. The stat training system seemed to be more based on mileage than the effectiveness of training. Even if he never ran again, and always walked, he assumed that with time, he would eventually get another agility point.

It was nice that he didn't have to go out of his way to train, and with patience, the stats would follow.

'But I'm not gonna take the slow way. I'll make sure to find a better way to train my agility later. I really should think of different ways to train all of my stats.'

He had wondered for a moment, how he would even train luck. Gambling? He didn't have nearly enough money to waste on that.

As he finished more deliveries, he noticed that he was reaching each destination much faster. It made it so that he could take the next job sooner. He had already done a decent amount of them in half the time.

The orders on the food delivery app kept refreshing, some going away and others appearing. He imagined since the city was pretty big, these orders would keep coming.

'I wonder how many I can do. With my new speed, I really could make a lot tonight. Other people have to worry about gas prices for deliveries, but all I need are my legs!'

He felt confident that he could earn a decent chunk of the money he needed with tonight's work. After a couple more hours, he had finished a total of 17 orders. He thought it was enough for the night.

He checked the app to count the total profit. Overall, he had made $148 tonight.

'That's almost enough to pay the rent. Maybe I could pay it tomorrow?'

He looked at the total amount he had in the quest now.

[$309/800]

'With my paycheck tomorrow, which is 300, I'll just need a little under 200 to pay my rent.'