42 - Getting Help

Matt stared at the message that had just appeared. As he scanned the words, he felt like an idiot.

'How could I have not realized? Of course, this skill has a time limit!'

He felt like he should've considered this possibility because not only did the skill always seem way too OP, but it was also only at level 1. Now it made a lot more sense. He had almost been worried about how strong other player's skills could be, but now he knew there was at least a cap.

He knew though, that in hindsight, he should've tried to get more info out of [Help], but she was always a pain to deal with.

'I really should be asking her more questions, like how to get mana.'

He looked at the timer slowly ticking down on his Mind Palace skill.

[Time Left: 3:54:43]

'So I only have four hours before I'm kicked out?'

When he thought about it, he did train both his Running and Freerunning skills to level 2. That might be enough in addition to his agility and shoes to get away. But he wanted to find at least one more skill that could be useful.

'I don't think training my combat skills will be a good idea because I don't plan on fighting them. It's just too risky.'

He realized that he could be forced to fight them, but either way, he was scared to think of trying to take down someone with another system. He was worried they'd gotten the system much earlier and might be many levels higher. It was just fear.

'One thing I want to do before finding another skill is to talk to [Help].

He wanted to try to convince her somehow to help him. He was a bit annoyed that she didn't automatically want to help, but he thought, in this situation, he would try his best.

With determination in his eyes, he activated the [Help] skill. Suddenly, a small blue holographic fairy appeared in the air once again.

She looked annoyed that he had brought her out again and was about to start shouting, but before she could, Matt spoke up.

"[Help], want do you want?"

She seemed a bit surprised, she didn't prepare for a question like this at all.

"What do you mean?"

She crossed her tiny arms.

"You never want to help me, and I really need to know more about the system. What can I do to convince you to help me out, unconditionally from now on?"

Matt had never been a subtle person, so he decided to just ask her directly and explain what his intentions were. It was just easier this way as well.

[Help] seemed like she was thinking. Matt just waited for her and stood there quietly. This was the first time she wasn't shouting at him at least. It seemed like progress.

She looked like she finally had an answer.

"Internet Access."

Matt looked confused. She noticed his confusion and started to get annoyed.

"Wifi, world wide web, the net, whatever you want to call it! When I was trained, one of the things I learned about modern Earth was the internet! I wanna try it!"

He was trying to think of how that would work. Does she have a router in her head or something?

"So, how do I give you access to the internet?"

She looked at him like he was stupid.

"You have a phone, right? Lemme see it!"

He pulled out his phone and held it out in front of him. She grabbed it with inhuman speed and started using it like a human would.