38 - New Destination

As Matt walked, he thought about what he should do next. He wanted to get strong quickly.

'I do have that gym pass. I could train a couple strength.'

He looked over his quests, and the only one he could really do was the win an event quest. But that would take some time. He needed to find an event, and then be prepared to win it.

'Gym it is then.'

As he headed to his new destination, he knew what else he should do.

'I need to go see my parents. Hopefully, they'll still pay for my college. If not, I guess I could pay.'

It felt a bit easier to make money now, with the system. He had only thought of one way to use it to turn a profit, but there were probably many other ways to do it.

He thought about his parents again. He wasn't sure why it was so hard to talk to them. They probably just wanted the best for him, but they always approached it the wrong way. He sighed, he would just have to get over it. The world was going to change, so he needed to as well.

He was at least glad he didn't have those super awful types of parents. He at least had decent ones, and so he felt like he needed to just appreciate that fact.

'Oh, I almost forgot. I should use mind palace too. Maybe I could train some skills and also read some books for the knowledge.'

He decided to use mind palace while he was walking. It didn't really matter when he used it since time didn't pass in there, so he thought it wouldn't hurt to use it now.

Once he entered his mental space, he looked around and decided to first read some books. His goal in reading them wasn't getting skills or stat points, he just thought it would be useful to pack his brain full of information in case he ever needed it.

He could always use mind palace and read them whenever he encountered something relevant, like what he did in the cafe. But he just felt like reading a few ahead of time. It could change how he made decisions in general, depending on the book.

He went through a few classic subjects like math, biology, and humanities. Overall, it took him a couple of hours. Suddenly a sound chimed.

__________

[Training Successful]

+1 Intelligence

__________

'Oh, I almost forgot that happens.'

He noticed he was fairly close to hitting 20 int, with the new point, he was now at 18 intelligence. When he finished reading, he looked over at the pile of books he had saved and tried to find some that could give him skills. He once again found the wilderness survival one.

'Might as well.'

He read through it at a lightning-fast speed. The new point in intelligence only helped make his comprehension speed faster. After finishing it, he got the skill.

__________

[New Skill]

Basic Survival [LV.1]

__________

'Not bad, not bad.'

He went through some more of the books but decided that was enough for now. He canceled the mind palace, and overall, he had spent around 5 hours of mental time there. He had thought about training one of his already existing skills, but he was starting to get bored. He could always do it at any time, since no time passed while he was in there.

He finally arrived at the gym and went inside. He greeted the front desk person again and went to his secluded corner once again. It seemed like people never went back there.