18 - Mystery Reward

In a darkly lit park, Matt was standing above Ned, with a quest notification floating next to him.

__________

[Quest Complete]

Defeat Ned

1+ Mystery Reward, +1 Unassigned Stat Point, +50xp [XP 78/120]

__________

'Finally! I got a mystery reward!'

He was buzzing with excitement. Ever since the rent quest showed a mystery reward as loot for completing the quest, he has been curious as to what it could be.

'Whatever it is, it has to be good!'

Matt clicked on the 'X' to close the pop-up. As it closed, a bright golden light started to form in the air next to him. At the same time, the system chimed another notification.

[Dispensing Mystery Reward]

The golden light started condensing down and solidifying into a shape. It took the form of a small crystal shard, with a bright yellow color. It glowed slightly in the air.

'A shard?'

Matt grabbed the shard from the air and once he grabbed it, it started obeying gravity and now seemed like a normal shard. But it still glowed slightly.

'Uh, so what do I do with this?'

Suddenly, Ned on the ground seemed to be recovering. He stopped moving around as much and let out a groan.

'I should uh, probably get out of here before he gets up!'

With that thought Matt shoved the crystal shard into his storage. He readied himself and started sprinting away from the dark park, leaving Ned on the ground alone.

After about half an hour Matt arrived at his apartment and closed the door behind him. It had already been a long day, so he was feeling pretty tired.

'As much as I want to sleep, there are rewards waiting for me!'

Matt had an excited smirk on his face as if he just won the lottery. He headed to his kitchen before checking out his rewards.

'So, besides the weird crystal shard, I got 50 XP, and 1 more stat point. I guess I could always save it, but I think it's better to spend the point now so I can utilize it to help me finish more quests and stuff.'

He opened his stat screen and focused on his attributes.

__________

||Attributes||

[Str] - 11

[Con] - 10

[Agi] - 13

[Dex] - 12

[Int] - 16

[Luk] - 11

[Stat Points]: 1

__________

'I don't think increasing Int would be a good move for now. I noticed that when I increase my intelligence, it doesn't seem to make me instantly smarter, it's like my brain just becomes more efficient. I guess I would need to actually study to become smarter. But it'll probably be much easier to study now at least.'

He looked over the rest of his stats and quickly decided which one he should increase.

'I really should increase strength, because that fight tonight was kinda scary. It would be good to be able to defend myself.'

He pressed on the + sign next to Str and added his unassigned stat point to it. It went from 11 to 12.

He felt his muscles increasing again and now he felt much more prepared to get in a fight. His body was much more toned now, much like a healthy adult with a good exercise routine.