37 - Goodbyes

After finally finishing the rent quest, Matt saw light forming in front of his face. It was gathering and swirling into a point, and it seemed like it was starting to condense once again into an item.

But this time, it didn't have the same shape as before. It started to form into the shape of two large lumps. He recognized the shape, the light was turning into a pair of shoes.

As the light started to settle, he saw a pair of white running shoes floating in the air in front of him. They looked pretty normal, but he noticed that they had no brand name on them, which was the only thing off about them.

[Random Artifact Generated]

He grabbed the shoes from the air and they started to obey gravity.

'Shoes? Is this my first real equipment?'

He was trying to figure out what they did and remembered that his inspect skill had leveled up. He wondered if it would work on the shoes at its current level.

__________

(Sports Shoes of Bursting Speed)

Sports shoes with a clean white appearance. These shoes provide a minor increase in defense and speed but their main function is allowing the wearer to shoot forward in a sudden burst of speed.

Ability: Speed Burst [10m Cooldown]

Passives: +10% Speed, +10% Defense

__________

'Woah, nice! I got myself some loot!'

He was impressed by the features of the shoes and was glad that they looked fairly normal so that he could wear them all the time. The shoes he was currently wearing were also starting to become worn, and he never had spare money for the past few months to buy new ones.

He immediately put them on and was about to put his old shoes in his spacial storage, but realized the hole was too small.

'I wonder when that will level up..."

He sighed and decided to just carry his old shoes for now until he got home.

'Ok, so I guess I should try the ability?'

He started to walk, and then run. He made sure there was no one around and then activated the shoes ability by just thinking about it, suddenly he was pushed forward incredibly quickly. It felt like he went from 0 to 100. He almost didn't recover after and barely avoided falling flat on his face.

'I didn't expect it to be that fast. Though it was only like a split second long.'

It seemed like it could be helpful especially if he needed to make a long jump or dodge something. Though for travel it wouldn't be so effective since it was very short, not to mention the 10-minute cooldown.

'Well, I guess this is what artifacts are all about.'

He remembered that one of the rewards for one of his quests was an artifact. While they seemed cool, he was hoping they continued to look like normal clothes when he got more in the future. It would look super suspicious to be walking around in a suit of armor or something.

'The 10% bonuses are really nice. It's not a lot, but it adds up.'

After he finished experimenting with the shoes, he realized that it was getting late. It was already almost 8 AM and he really needed to get to work. He felt a bit bad because he was planning on quitting.

It seemed strange to quit since it was free money. But his thought process was, that it took up too much time in the day, and he had other ways of making money more quickly. He could be using that lost time to do quests or train his stats.