the forest...

Chapter one

I need to keep running... What ever happens I must keep running. A dark shadow threatened to loom over me at any moment, so I ran as if my life depended on it. I suppose my life did depend on it. There was no way in hell I was going to slow down and let my step dad capture me again. I was finally free. The last two years would still haunt my dreams forever, I will never forget the amount of pain and suffering my step dad had put me through. All the beatings and the name callings... I just have had enough! I had been planning my escape for a while now, I kept getting and hiding all the equipment I needed to break free. I was the only one who knew which floorboard under my bed wasn't secured properly. That, made the perfect hiding spot. My legs started to get tired and I was slowing, I thought maybe I could hide, no, he would always find me. I noticed a half hidden passage, one that my friends and I used to play in when we were younger, just up a bit from where I was. Excellent, I thought to myself. I knew exactly where it led to, the park. I approached it with great speed and swiftly but sharply swung around into it. I continued running, my breathing heavy now, which I feared he might hear me. I turned my head slightly just so I could see behind me. He was nowhere. I seen the end of the alley up ahead and bolted for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note...

hi! this is my first book and i really hope that you will enjoy the first chapter.I will update the next chapte later in the week. :)