Chapter Twenty

Well, i dunno, I'm bored, so I might as well Update twice in one day. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we continued walking. This forest is utterly enchanting. I mean, it would make such a great tumblr post or background for a lyric edit. ;) If I had a camera with me I so would have snapped a photograph. I never thought of bringing one. I've passed my own stupid test. I guess I left my brain-cells back at the house. I giggled at my own little mental predicament. Ash turned around and gave me a suspicious look.

 ''What...?'' He asked, unsure.

''Oh... nothing...'' I replied, smirking.

''You confuse me, Hippy.'' He mocked.

''Oh wow, is this my new nickname,''

''Aye, just for the moment,''  He said as he let out a slight side smile. 

''Fine. I guess I'll just call you Ballerina then.'' I mocked, motioning a twirl with my hands. 

''Oh... You are mean.'' He murmured, through a grin. 

''Thank you, I do try.'' I replied smirking. 

The further we walked, the deeper we were travelling into the forest. The forest also became more dense plus it  got darker, as there was less space in the canape of leaves above us. I was casually focusing my attention on the tops of trees when I noticed a rather perfect branch about 3 metres off the ground. The tree was probably at least 150 years old. It was an old oak tree. The structure was rather beautifully formed and the leaves were ranged from light to dark of the finest green. 

On that perfect branch, wedged between the beginning of the thick branch and the sturdy trunk, was a considerably big, tightly packed nest. One of which a plump pheasant. Within an instant, I whipped out one of the arrows the protruded from my rucksack and loaded the bow. I raised it to shoot and aimed for the neck. It took about a milli-second to get it in place. I drew back the string and the arrow shoot through the neck. 

A deep thump startled Ash, who hadn't even noticed my actions.  The thump, was the dead bird dropping out of the tree and onto the ground at the foot of the tree.

''Perfect..'' I whispered, happily. 

I stalked over to see my result. A clean shot through the neck. Killed in one go. I prefer this method. It means the animal doesn't suffer for long. I picked it up by the feet and drew my arrow out of the neck. I stuffed the bird into my bag and turned to face Ash.

''Whaaaaat?'' He exclaimed, confused yet impressed. He didn't seem to know how to react... So he just started clapping. 

I bowed, tucking the arrow back into my bag so I could reuse it on the next animal. 

''I didn't know you could hunt?'' Ash stated, crossing his arms and cracking another smile. 

''Oh God Yeah. I have to.'' 

''Why's that...?''

''Survival.''

''Ah... Makes sense, that's pretty much why we do it ourselves. Just wait until I'm singing your praises to the lads about your skills.''

I giggled, ''I'm not that good.''

''Are you kidding?! You're far better than CC,'' He said through a slight chuckle.

''Well, Thanks I guess,''

''How did you see it anyway?''

''Looking up at the trees,''

''Oh Yeah! i forgot, I should have guessed, hippy. 

''Hush down, Ballerina and get back to prancing down steps.'' 

I started laughing, as did he. Once we calmed down a bit, we started our walking again. I noticed him looking up at the trees a lot more. Hah, I guess he took my advise. Perhaps He'll actually get some game.. or I might just be the one feeding everyone tonight. Nah, I'm sure he's great, I really need to stop getting cocky. It's not like me at all.