chapter seven

As I stumbled back though the forest, I tripped over a dead branch and fell into a brier patch. My automatic response was to put my hands out in front of me which was a bad idea. I screamed out in pain as lifted my hands back up. They were cut and bleeding. Bleeding badly. My hands felt totally lacerated and I hadn't realised that the thorns had stuck into my legs as well. I tried to stand up but my legs felt weak and just buckled under my weight. I was nearly having a panic attack. Would I be able to return to my camp before nightfall? The sky was already turning a light crimson colour. I glanced up at the setting sun that peeked through the trees. That was the last thing I saw before everything began to spin and I felt as light as a feather. The corners of my vision where dimming and then finally went black.

I woke up and began to get very worried. I noticed my hands were stained red with the blood and they were covered in slices. My whole body felt weak. I found that I was able to stand again, so I got up slowly. I looked down upon my clothes. They where covered in blood splatters. I need a wash, myself and my clothes where caked in dirt, blood, moss and grass stains. Most of the contents of my jacket pocket had spilled out onto the ground. I gathered them together and shoved them back into my pocket. I held my bow in one hand, my arrows were still in my boot and then I held my compass in the other hand. I looked at he compass and followed the black pointer east, back to my camp.

I was walking quite slowly and I was becoming really hungry. I hadn't had anything to eat since, well,  basically my breakfast yesterday. I was starving. Damn it! I dint think I would be gone so long so I didn't pack my food. I have to wait until I got back. My stomach groaned and moaned in hunger. I noticed a blackberry bush growing beside a drooping willow tree. I literally felt so happy I was nearly crying tears of joy. I rushed over and pulled of a few of the ripest looking berries i could find. I stuffed them in mouth mouth, forgetting to chew, and hungrily swallowed them. I needed more. I sat on the ground facing the bush and I grabbed as many as I could. I poured them on my lap and sat there munching for ages. I finally got up, but before I went I filled my pockets up with more blackberries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note..

This was not the twist That is coming next! I'm kind of listening to black veil brides while I'm writting this so if there is mistakes that I haven't corrected please just ignore them. I'm trying to write longer chapters! So yeah I think that's it for tonight! don't forget to VOTE! BTW Black Veil Brides have to be one of the best bands in the world (along with Paramore)