Chapter eight

I was actually feeling full up. My hunger was satisfied and my mind was wandering off somewhere. I noticed that I haven't been thinking or dreaming about my step dad. I'm really pleased about that. It's probably because, well, surviving in a forest alone, isn't as easy as you would think.The arrows in my boot were rattling like mad and it was really annoying. I looked around, there was a little ring of wild mushrooms, that was odd. The mushrooms were the red ones with little white dots. They were in a perfect circle with a bunch of daffodils growing i the middle. I had read about this sort of thing before, apparently, this was the work of the fairies. Of course fairies weren't real, but this got me thinking again. 

I was still stumbling along, following my compass, when I heard the gently rumbling of the waterfall at my camp. I knew that I was near. The pheasant I shot earlier was still hanging dead from my belt. I walked a little further and broke through the trees into my small clearing, which I now called home. Something felt different about it. Then I noticed that, around my moss bed, there was a small ring of red and white mushrooms, like the ring I saw earlier. They couldn't have grown naturally like that, while I was gone, could they? No, at least not normally.  As I got closer to my bed, I noticed that the moss was lighty dusted with an aqua blue, glimmering substance. I was surprisingly not scared, for some reason this made me feel safe. It made me feel like someone was trying to protect me. 

Out of now where, I heard something moving behind an old oak tree.''Hello?'', I asked,'' is anyone there?'' A boy, who seemed to be around eighteen years old, stepped out from where he was hiding. I kind of jumped back in surprise. I was expecting it to be a rabbit or a deer. ''Hi!'', the boy was waving at me and giving me the most warm, kind smile I have ever seen. ''Hi,'' I replied. ''Where did you come from?'' I asked rather stupidly. ''I came from... well, this might sound weird, but I came from the waterfall,'' he answered, pointing at the river. ''WHAT? How is that even possible?!'' I exclaimed and questioned. ''Come on, I'll show you'' replied the boy, and held out his hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note...

umm, yeah that is the twist, weird and unexpected, right? Haha I'm like only up so please excuse the grammar mistakes (sorry) I probably will write chapter nine later. 

Don't forget to VOTE even if you think some one else will like my book... please hit the share button :) thanks