fake relationship part 1

request from,, astrothundr

i hadn't always been a hopeless romantic like my best friends, imogen and linn. they both had boyfriends that cared for them a lot.

i had only really been asked out once by the kindest guy in primary school. his name was mason reid. we dated for about 8 months but broke up since he moved across the world to australia.

i still have his number to this day and we're friends.

"come on, y/n! you walk so slow!" imogen says from in front of me. linn laughs and shoves chips in her mouth as we walk down the school hallways.

i roll my eyes and catch up with them. "its not my fault you have long legs, ims!" i defend.

she mocks me and stops at my locker. they both lean against the locker next to it and watches as i unlock the blue metal door. they both talk quietly to each other but stop as their eyes land on someone standing behind me.

i turn my head to look at them. "what are you looking at?" i ask. linn coughs awkwardly and looks away. imogen smirks and points behind me.

my eyes narrow at them and i turn my body. brady noon was hovering over me with a smirk on his face. his eyes look down at me.

"oh-" i mumble.

me and him weren't 'friends' but we also weren't strangers. we had every class together and sometimes talked to each other but not often. he was popular and.. i wasn't?

"hey y/n. how are you?" he asks and leans his arm on the locker.

i wait a couple seconds to respond. "fine.."

he nods and smiles, looking at the girls behind me. he gives them a look for them to leave. the two of the, don't understand at first. but when they do, their eyebrows shoot up.

"um we're gonna head to the cafeteria.." imogen says. "see you later?" linn adds on. i nod uncomfortably. "yup." they both walk off.

i turn back to brady. "can i help you?" i ask, getting straight to the point.

he chuckles at my determination.

"well actually yeah.." he says.

i wait for him to answer.

"i need a favour from you." he says.

"um okay.."

"it's kind of a big favour actually.. you can say no if you want too! no pressure or anything." he rambles.

i sigh and nod.

"what is it?" i ask.

he swallows his nerves and blinks a couple times.

"can you be my girlfriend?" five words i never thought i'd hear from someone. especially from brady.

my jaw nearly falls through the floor. i try to keep my cool but it wasn't working.

"uh. w-what?" i stutter.

he sighs loudly and drags his hands down his face.

"not like my real girlfriend or anything.. but just- a fake one?" he says.

i was staring at him like he just told me the world was ending.

"your.. fake girlfriend?" i repeat and he nods.

it takes a while to understand what he was saying.

"why?" i ask.

"oh well um.. i need to make my ex, adaline, jealous." he tells me.

"how charming." i mumble.

he slightly chuckles.

"please? i wouldn't ask just anybody to do this for me."

"wait, why are you asking me? why not ask someone else? we aren't even that close." i say.

"i don't know.. you're really beautiful and not many people know you so it would be a win-win for both of us basically."

"a win-win? how."

"well, if you didn't notice.. i'm an actor with a lot of followers, so if everybody saw us together, you'd probably go viral. and also adaline would get suuuper mad and want me back!"

i scoff.

"i have no care for fame, brady. i'm sorry but no." i slam my locker shut and walk off. he yells my name, making me stop.

"y/n, please!" he grabs my wrist gently yet firmly, making me turn to face him. he was giving me begging eyes.

i stare at him for a moment, debating whether or not i should say yes.

"if i said yes.. what would we do?" i ask.

"what?" he lets go of my wrist with a excited facial expression.

"like- would i have to.. kiss you? and hold your hand. stuff like that."

he laughs and looks down. "well couples usually do hold hands, so yes. and we don't need to kiss unless you're comfortable with it." he pauses to look at my eyes.

"you'd just need to make it seem like we like each other.."

"so we'd be dating without the passion?" he nods.

maybe this would be a good thing for me? if we do this, boys would actually see me.

"for how long?" i ask.

he shrugs. "however long it takes." i nod and take a deep breath.

"okay fine. i'll do it." i say and shut my eyes. brady smiles wide and looks at me with appreciation.

"seriously?! thank yo-" i cut him off.

"under one condition."

he stops and looks at me, confused. "hm?"

"i get to break up with you publicly when this is all over." i say.

brady chuckles and nods. "deal."

writer speaks !!
finally posting guyyyysss 💔

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!