hurtful words

me and brady rarely fought ever

  me and brady rarely fought ever. but when we did, things got heated. we would go days without talking to each other, but usually he ends up apologising with my favourite candy and flowers.

last night was one of our worst arguments. he accused me of cheating on him with my friend, milo. he explained someone posted a photo of me and milo holding hands but i immediately turned the accusations down and explained that it was taken out of context. obviously he didn't believe me and kept yelling and calling me names such as a bitch, and fucked in the head. i knew he didn't mean any of the words and wasn't thinking straight .. but it still hurt me.

we ended up screaming back and forth at each other for hours. i said some things i didn't mean and instantly regretted. i remember yelling that he was just being insecure and insensitive. the look on his face when i said that was something id never be able to forget. his eyes instantly dropped, knowing how sensitive he becomes when someone brings his insecurities up. i wanted to take it back and beg him to believe me, but i couldn't. he couldn't either. we just kept yelling, and it wasn't even about the cheating allegations. we just spat whatever came to mind first.

i was sure this was the end of our relationship but i was wrong.

i laid stomach flat on my bed with my blankets wrapped around my body. my room was completely dark. bradys sweatshirt from last night was still on my body. i had some nutella with a spoon dug into the bottle, while watching my favourite comfort movie, the avengers. the screen was the only light in my room.

dry mascara was stuck to my cheeks from crying all night. i waited specifically until i got home to ball my eyes out. i'd never let any man, including brady, know that they've won.

i sniffed quietly and shoved the spoon into my mouth, licking the sweet chocolate off it. i heard a soft knock but ignored it, thinking it was my mom. i shoved the spoon back into the nutella and wiped my nose with the back of my hand.

i heard the knock again.

" go away! " i managed to say. it went silent for a moment before the door creaked open. the light from the hallway creeped onto my bedroom wall. once again, i ignore it and continued watching the movie.

the door shut and once again, it went dark. — up until someone turned my desk lamp on. — i aggressively tapped pause on my computer and sat up with the melted chocolate in my hand.

brady stood at the end of my bed with an apologetic smile on his face. he had a small box and a bouquet of white lilies. — my favourite — he looked down at my hands and awkwardly chuckled.

" it's that bad, isn't it? " he referred to the nutella and movie, which was my go-to comfort when i'm upset.

" what do you want, asshole. " i said and placed the chocolate on my nightstand, then crossing my arms.

he sighed and looked down at his feet. " i'm really sorry, y/n. like really sorry. " i raised an eyebrow.

" what i said was absolutely fucked up and wrong of me. " he looked at me directly with puppy eyes.

" yeah, it was. " i replied.

" i was just really confused about the whole you and milo situation. i guess i jumped to conclusions. "

" yeah, you did. " i replied dryly again.

i heard him sigh and then shuffle in his spot. he placed the lilies down in front of me and then walked over to sit by me. i moved my head away from him, facing my door. he grabbed my hand that was sitting on my lap and twisted my palm so it was facing up. brady placed a small box in my hand and then let go.

i look down at it and then back at him. " are you bribing me? " i asked.

he shrugged. " depends. is it working? " he said jokingly. i cracked a little smirk and looked down at the small bow again, unfolding it and lifting the lid off. a beautiful silver ring sat in the box with a small star in the middle of the jewellery.

" brady .. " i mumbled and grazed the top of my finger over it.

" you don't need to say anything. " he said. i look over at him and smiled softly. his eyes softened.

i placed the ring on my middle finger and examined it better. i never expected him to buy me a promise ring to be honest.

" i love it. thank you.. " i say and smile at him. i shifted closer so our knees were touching.

he cupped my face cheek ( i ain't making that same mistake again like i did last time ) and gently wiped the mascara off from under my eyes with his thumb.

my smile suddenly faded when i realised. " whats wrong? " he asked.

" i was horrible to you. the things i said.. " he cut me of.

" you had every right to be angry at me. i pushed your emotions, its my fault. " he explained and kissed me. i pulled back and shook my head.

" yeah but it still doesn't excuse it. " i said. he just starte blankly at me.

" brady, i'm really sorry! " i grabbed both his hands.

" its okay. really. "