mystery girl

now playing scott street

a hopeless romantic was not how you described him at all. he never really had crushes on any girl. none of them really appealed to him. they were either snobby bitches, or just not his type. but there was this one girl. he never knew her name. yes, she was in half his classes.. but he never payed attention to when the teachers did the role call. he always saw her around school. at first, he didn't see her like that. he only saw her as another student at school. but he would admit, she was beautiful. her features stood out perfectly compared to any girls at school. thats what caught his attention in the first place.

he would catch himself accidentally staring at her as she walked past in the hallway. every time, he felt as if she was walking in slow mo. everything around him stopped, and the only person who mattered in that room was her. they had only made eye contact once. she smiled so simply at him. brady felt like butterflies were dancing around in his stomach, having a party of their own. one day, he noticed she cut her hair. it wasn't noticeable. — maybe an inch or so off. — but he noticed. he also noticed the silver necklace that laid on her neck every single day. a small crescent moon. she never took it off.

she had a friend group of 4 girls, including her, and 3 boys. he only knew one of them, his name was Owen. or was it harrison? that wasn't the point. the point was that while they sat around the circular cafeteria table with their heads down on their phones, she was head down into a book. — better than the movies, he thinks — while bradys friends were talking and laughing, his eyes were only on her. the mystery girl.

the girl was in his french class. they sat next to each other but never, ever, talked. he had no idea why he wouldn't say a singular word. hello. just say hello, brady. it isn't that hard. one particular day in that class, caused him to stay up late that same night. it was raining heavily outside, and the classroom lights were turned off. the teacher told the students to write an essay in french about their favourite song and why it meant a lot to them. the students around brady were talking softly among each other, but the girl stayed quiet and finished her essay within 15 minutes. at the top of her paper, was written in english. ' scott street, phoebe bridgers. ' he couldn't understand the rest of the paper. you could say he was failing french but she was passing, top of her class.

brady went home that day and sat in bed, staring at the ceiling while listening to scott street on repeat. it was beautifully sung. she was beautiful. he understood why it meant a lot to her. the lyrics were deep and meaningful. he couldn't help but wonder what else she liked? did she like summer or winter better? winter, obviously. he thought. she would always be smiling and laughing during winter. her eyes lit up. but during summer, she was dull. emotionless.

this is so short i deeply apologise. :)