soulmates in another universe

' dₒ yₒᵤ ₜₕᵢₙₖ wₑ ₐᵣₑ ₛₒᵤₗₘₐₜₑₛ ᵢₙ ₐₙₒₜₕₑᵣ ᵤₙᵢᵥₑᵣₛₑ? '

𖦹 𝗕. 𝗡𝗢𝗢𝗡 »

    " do you think we are soulmates in every universe? " she asked me.

id like to think that we would always find each other no matter who or where we were. even if that meant in another universe.

maybe i saw her on the street and complimented her eyes.
or you'll accidentally bump into me at a bookstore — that one of the corner street that you go to after school each day — and awkwardly smile while suggesting the romance to my left as it had the biggest twist. romance is your favourite.

maybe we'd know each other as little kids and you'd ask to draw on my hand and i'd say yes. you'd cover me in hearts and funny looking frogs, making my mothers lecture at home worth it.

or maybe we'd both be in the same restaurant but different booths with different people and i catch a glance at you without really acknowledging your presence, all while noticing that somehow the atmosphere became lighter.

or maybe id be a guest at your wedding, as my partner is your fiancé's good friend from high school.
" are you really close with the bride? "
" i'm really just here for the cake. "
id still cry because two ' strangers ' found love.

or maybe id catch you at your favourite cafe as i'm overwhelmed by the vast options on a hard to read menu — script has never been my kindest friend.
you'll notice my worried face and recommend the ice coffee with ice cream.
" it's my go-to on days where i don't feel like deciding. "
" you're a life saver. "

maybe i'll know you without really knowing you, as my friend shows me photos of his birthday party last night.
" who's that girl? "
" oh thats my friend, y/n! you'd love her. " and id take his word for it because he has an eye for character.

because in every universe i can think if, you are pure. you are someone who will light the sky up during a city black out.

even if we were just two strangers on the street, or even a bookstore or at a restaurant.

in every little corner of this world, id eventually find you.

i don't know if we'd be soulmates in every universe.
but i know that i'd always find my way to find you.

invisible strings will sneak their way into the cracks of sidewalks and tie themselves to our shoelaces, making it impossible for us to never meet.

in every universe, we are in New York City — trying to find ourselves, and by chance finding each other.

we will sit on opposite sides of the subway listening to the same song but never noticing or crossing different parts of the intersection.

but somehow..
i will notice your eyes, those same eyes that made me fall in love with you in this life.

i will smell your vanilla perfume.
or hear the clicking of your rundown converses on concrete stone,
and feel the urge to quickly glance at a stranger, who in this universe, i have the privilege to call my soulmate.

so yes. in every universe.

𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦 ꩜

𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦 ꩜

      ➤     full credits go to ' purposelylost ' on tiktok.