Time Out

Viren and Rajan were busy talking about something when Daivik walked into their usual haunt- De Café. It was a small café that focused on artisanal coffee and the food was out of the world. Rajan was having his usual Americano and Viren was onto his second cup of filter coffee. Seeing Daivik walking in Viren ordered his brother's favorite- cheesy Garlic bread. Daivik ordered his usual salted Caramel Coffee. Seeing his grumbling face, they both asked what happened.

Daivik: What else? I ran into her again! Maybe I need the Jhaad Phoonk Rajan advised me to get done!

Viren: Her?

Rajan: Should be Shubhi. Clue 1: Dev is upset and Clue 2: he is ready for jhaad phoonk to fix it.

Viren started to move the tissue paper over Daivik's head and Rajan started to blow air at him. Jhaad in Hindi means to shake something out and phoonk is blowing air, while the term means getting exorcism done by a professional, Rajan and Viren decided to mock the terms to have some fun at Daivik's expense.

Daivik: (irritated) What are you two doing?

Viren: I am doing jhaad (shaking bad spirits) and Rajan is doing phoonk (blowing bad spirits) away.

Rajan: (with the most innocent face) We are doing the best with the equipment and capability we have.

Daivik snatches the tissue paper from Viren's hand and warns Rajan to stop.

Daivik: Stop both of you! This is not helping at all!

Viren: Then you would need the professional services of Bengali Baba. Rajan, can you arrange that?

Rajan: Anything for Daivik's love life. He has gone too grumpy on his own.

Daivik: Both of you, TIME OUT! This is serious!

Viren: Interesting, what do you want to do (eyeing his brother closely)?

Daivik: I do not know! (angry and upset)

Rajan: (laughs and says) Sherlock, maybe it is a sign, Clue 1: you run into her. Clue 2: you run away from her and even then, run into her!

While Rajan was smiling, Viren was laughing heartily.

Daivik: (pointing to Rajan) Watson you have gone crazy! And you have infected my brother as well! Have you spiked his coffee??

Rajan: I thought you wanted to see your brother happy! I am happy to spike his coffee if needed! (a smug smile on his face)

Viren: Spike my coffee...what are you two planning? (he decided to play along)

Rajan: See, a fun and happy Viren bhai is all we want. F.or another kind of plan, we would need some sensible female to oblige us.

Viren: Sensible and female...generally doesn't happen...

Daivik: Then let's find a nonsensical one for you...

Viren: Thanks bro but no thanks. Let's focus on your accomplishment for today (sarcastic smile)

Daivik: You can be jovial, but not at my expense! Right now, I am not sure whether to be angry that you are making fun of my miserable love life or be happy to see my otherwise too-sensible brother laughing!

Viren: Okay time out! Where did you meet her?

Rajan: This time...... (still smiling)

Viren: What do you mean this time?

Rajan: They were married at a point in time, so they met earlier as well..... (winking at Viren)

Viren is laughing uncontrollably, and Daivik looks as if he could murder Rajan.