Running into you!

The next day was the reception for the newly wedded couple and Daivik was curious to see Shubhi and Dyuti. He was not sure why he was so keen to know what they would be dressed up like and how they would look like. Last night he had noticed the twinning that the mother and daughter had done for their outfits. He knew that Shubhi loved vibrant colors, if nothing else this was one thing he had noticed in their short-lived marriage. He also remembered how upset she was when she had lost her clothes the last time.... that was not the place he wanted his thoughts to wander...

Viren was surprised when Daivik offered to take Veni to the event, the reception was at a different location than the marriage. Eventually all three of them went together to the event as family. For the reception, both men had chosen their best three-piece suits, while Veni wore a beautiful white and pink frock. She mentioned something about her sister also wearing the same. When they reached the venue, and Daivik could see how happy Shuchi and Amish looked. There was a huge stage that occupied one end of the huge hall, and he could see the happy bride and groom talking to the guests. On the left side there was a bar where drinks flowed and a few feet away the dance floor was already filled with teenagers of all ages grooving to the latest hits.

There are fun and games all around. On popular demand, Amish was asked to propose to Shuchi again, he was told in no uncertain terms, that otherwise he would not be allowed to take his wife home! Bowing to the 'threat', Amish dropped on one knee to 'propose' to Shuchi who shyly agreed. The noise from the combined cousin-hood would have brought the house down. Shubhi was teasing Amish and snatched the ring and asked for 'angoothi chipayi'. Amish was forced to pay up!

Daivik had never seen this side of Shubhi

Daivik had never seen this side of Shubhi. In a beautiful green and red lehenga she had dazzled on the wedding and today she looked ethereal wearing a beautiful pink lehenga saree. Shubhi was wearing a beautiful pink lehenga saree- the three piece- with a voluminous skirt, embroidered blouse and a sheer chunni to complete the look. None of his girlfriend's came close to looking this beautiful. He was staring at her for a full five minutes, thankfully today the kids were not his responsibility. He could look around and he used the freedom to observe his ex-wife. His body went back to the time they had spent together six years back. He started combing his hair with his hand mindlessly as was his habit. He looked away and saw the kids playing together. His brother Viren was paying attention to some lady, which was a surprise. That she seemed interested in him as well was a given. He needed to contact Rajan and investigate that!

Kids were playing around Viren, Dheemant and a couple of women, and he spotted Dyuti running around Viren. She was again wearing the same colors as her mom, giving her an angelic aura. She looked so very like Viren that Daivik was shocked. He learnt that Dyuti and Veni fancied that they were sisters. It all confused him, but he thought that these were kids, and their imagination often ran wild. Moreover, he refused to let go of his notion that Dyuti's parentage was disputed- what with Shubhi repeatedly saying that Dyuti was her daughter. Surely if it was a different case, a claim would have been made...she would have contacted him...And when he had questioned her parentage a couple of weeks back, she would have told him... Shubhi was a gold digger, she would have asked for alimony, maintenance... something...and he would have been informed by his lawyers yet nothing like that happened. He had not heard of anything like that, so logically the remote possibility that his brain was throwing up did not exist.