Primate, horses and a bat?

Viren was uncomfortable throughout the week as he collected photographs of Dyuti from several social media platforms. There were none from Shubhi's account but thankfully her cousins loved the kid to bits. Shubhi seemed to have put a pause on her account ever since Dyuti was born, looking at it you would feel that she was a business professional frozen in time. There was no mention of either the marriage or Dyuti. This alone was an indication for Viren, how much she wanted to move away from the Rawals. The problem was this was nowhere close to the gold digger, cheating, scamming image that Daivik had been harbouring in his head till now.

Daivik sensed that Viren was keeping away from him. Viren on the other hand was not sure what to do or say to his brother. He knew that Daivik was still under the impression that Dyuti was someone else's child. The possibility of him being the father somehow never crossed his thick-ego-walled head. For Viren, the dilemma became worse when one morning after breakfast Daivik decided to confront him.

Daivik: Bhai what is it?

Viren: What?

Daivik: What are you busy with these days? You are not even talking to me properly.

Viren: It is nothing like that...

Daivik: I am here for only a few weeks. But you are not talking to me...

Viren: I was thinking about...our marital life and kids...

Daivik: Mine doesn't exist...at least you have Veni...

Viren: It has not been easy, especially with Shipra cheating on me...

Daivik: In fact, I wanted to ask you something very uncomfortable...

Viren: What?

Daivik: When...Shipra bhabhi had died.... I remember.... grandfather asked if Veni .... was your daughter...

Viren: Yes those allegations were made in whispers, it was emotionally very tough for me...

Daivik: Actually, I wanted to ask if Shipra Bhabhi had survived the crash, would you have forgiven her?

Viren: I don't know....maybe for Veni's sake but I could not love her again

Daivik: Ohh

Viren: When I think back now, ours was more of an arrangement. We liked each other and I always hoped that the love would grow.... I was a family-oriented person and for her money and status mattered a lot. So I might have forgiven her, but I would have brought up Veni on my own.

Daivik: Hmmm

Viren: Also, I am not getting married again. But why are you asking?

Daivik: I have been thinking a lot, I like Shubhi ....enough...so maybe I can overlook the fact that Dyuti's father is someone else and if she requests, I can marry her again.

Viren: What? (his eyes popping out)

Daivik: You see, logically it works as Dyuti and Veni are friends and that girl has a hole in the heart so I can help with the treatment as well.

Viren: I think the operation is done and the foundation is helping...

Daivik: But there would be medical expenses later, and anyway her family is looking to marry her off, and I am still one of the most eligible bachelors in India. So if she agrees to...some of my conditions...I am okay to marry her and even provide legal, financial and emotional support to Dyuti...

Viren: But you thought Shubhi was a gold digger, scammer...and a cheat...

Daivik: My opinion stands corrected due to what I have heard in the past few days...I think she will be tolerable if we can control her financially.....and ensure legally binding promises...