Il-'logical' choice?

When aunt and Shubhi came out of the kitchen, Shubhi had a big packet of food and things to take back home. She was having some difficulty carrying the packet down the steps, seeing this uncle asked Daivik to help carry it for her, Shubhi refused glaring at him.

Uncle: Daivik why don't you help her to carry this packet? It looks big.

Daivik: (jumping to the occasion) Sure, let me carry it to your car.

Shubhi: I can do it myself Mr Rawal!

Uncle: See how much stuff my wife has loaded on a girl like you!

Aunt: But it is needed, they are such a big family! And if Daivik is carrying this one, then let me get the smaller packet that Shubhi can carry.

Aunt, jumped to the opportunity to send more stuff and handed the big packet to Daivik and the smaller one to Shubhi. Shubhi was seething internally but outwardly all she could do was to thank the elderly couple for their hospitality. Shubhi was forced to walk with Daivik to the parking lot at the back of the mansion.

She deliberately walked faster to avoid him, and he enjoyed watching her from behind. His thoughts veered towards putting the parcel on top of some car and carrying her instead. He realized that he needed to come back to reality and decided to catch up with her to make the most of this opportunity to talk to her.

Daivik: You look nice.... beautiful

Shubhi: Thanks (surprised but responded in a clipped voice without turning to look at him)

Daivik: How is Dyuti?

Shubhi: She is fine. Why are you asking? (still not looking at him)

Daivik: (not wanting to rile her by saying that he wants to be Dyuti's father, and this is normal) If she is fine then why did you not bring her along for lunch?

Shubhi: I decided not to bring her here.

Daivik: Why?

Shubhi: (turning around to face him) Mr. Daivik Rawal it seems you have forgotten that my daughter has just recovered from a major surgery!

Daivik: I know I met you and her in the hospital last week.

Shubhi: Then you also know that she has been unwell. The doctor, your friend, has advised that she should not go out in public places!

Daivik: (irritated at her calling him out and being logically correct, he decided on a different tack) And that is precisely why Pratham is a wrong choice. Because you are not too desperate to get married again and plan to choose wisely.

Shubhi: Thanks for the advice, but I think you did not pay attention to what the aunt was saying - he is a fellow CA and there is nothing wrong with marrying one.

Daivik: But you are amongst the youngest CA s in India, you told me that you got the gold medal as well...

Shubhi: (surprised) Yes, I am that accomplished...interesting that you remembered that...just few days back you were questioning my caliber.

Daivik: I do stand corrected on that...Viren bhaiya also praised you....

Shubhi: Happy that he also thinks that way...

Daivik: I do remember a lot about you.... you will know when we talk more... (trying to make inroads into her mind)

Shubhi: Interesting.... but I do not want to talk to you....we have come too far... far away (trying to dissuade him from coming close to her)