The Return

Daivik was busy in his office closing a file when Viren's secretary called to say that there was a visitor for him. Usually there was no one to meet him here in India and he managed the US business through online meetings and by staying up in the night. The reception incidents yesterday night had irritated him to no end and he had drowned himself in work. He did want to think of the beautiful woman who had cheated on him. So, he was happy to spend time in office and more than curious to see who had come to meet him.

Daivik: A visitor for me? Okay send them in, I need to run for lunch with Viren right after, tell them I have only 10 mins for them.
Assistant: Yes sir, I am sending her in.

When the door opened and he saw a feminine figure, Daivik was surprised. He got up from the desk towards the door, meanwhile Shubhi entered and saw his huge office with awe. The huge desk covered one fourth of the office, the wooden panels covered the two walls, the one to her left was a glass wall with beautiful views of the city. The door itself was huge and had a motion sensor, it had opened at one knock from her, surprising her. What she did not know was that Daivik had hit a button on his desk to allow her in. To her it seemed that the door opened by magic. Seeing her lost and confused Daivik smirked and cleared his throat, bringing back her attention to himself.

Shubhi: (trying to hide her embarrassment) Hi
Daivik: Hi
He looked dapper in a green colored shirt and the black jacket and pants that he wore. The clothes only served to highlight his toned physique, she remembered how particular he was about exercising. She stood a few feet from the door and Daivik stood at the other side of the desk, he had literally fallen out of his chair on seeing her. She was dressed in a mustard and red kurti that skimmed her knees, the bottom was cigarette pants in cream- yellow color providing the right dark and light contrast. She looked vibrant yet presentable, the colors spoke of the recent festivities but not over the top. The color of henna covered her hands and wrists. The three fourth sleeve of her kurti started where the henna ended. Daivik was not sure why he was noticing all this! He was not sure what to say!

Daivik: So you are here...

Shubhi took a few steps, rounding around the big couch and reached his desk. There was a laptop, multiple monitors, a stack of files and interesting stationary, all neatly placed. Typical Daivik she thought and then  took out a box from her bag and placed it on the table. It was a beautiful box but Daivik was not in any mind to touch it till he knew what it was.
Daivik: What is this?
Shubhi: Jewelry
Daivik:  (confused) What for?
Shubhi: You had asked for it
Daivik: (still confused) Why
Shubhi: (tersely) For your wife
Daivik: But you are my wife
Shubhi: (looking sternly into his eyes) Ex -wife
Daivik: (pointing to the box) So who is this for?
Shubhi: (irritated and angry, crossing her arms on her chest) Your appropriate wife! The one who would deserve you!

Daivik: (this was getting weirder by the minute) Who told you that?

Shubhi: Your mom had asked me to return it to so that your real wife can have it.
Daivik: She is not here so you can keep it!

Shubhi: You reminded me of it yesterday, it is meant for your wife...so you keep it

Daivik: But this is your streedhan! Why should I keep it?
Shubhi: This has heirloom jewelry as well, some jewelry.....that your grandfather gifted me.
Daivik: So, keep the gift...it was meant for you....it is yours!
Shubhi: I do not want to keep Rawal family heirlooms
Daivik: Why and why now?
Shubhi: (looking at him resolutely) Time has come, I need a clean break to start my life again...
Daivik: (getting angry, thinking she is planning to go to someone else) Clean break....new start?...Does this have to do with Dyuti's father!!