What kind of marriage?

Daivik had an irritating night and was planning to drown himself in work the whole next day. Having exhausted himself through the day at the office, he met Viren and Veni at dinner and his mood lifted a little. He was talking to Veni who was still excited about Mahesh mama (mother's brother). Knowing fully well that Viren had cut all ties with his dead wife's family, he asked Viren who was this mama that Veni was talking about.

Viren: Who else but the one and only Mahesh mama of Dyuti!

Daivik: Ohh so he is Dyuti's mama? I thought they were only 2 sisters...

Veni: They are a big family! Dyuti has lots of mama (mother's brother) and maasi (mother's sister)!

Viren: Mahesh is a cousin, so he is everyone's mama!

Veni: No, he is everyone's mama, except for Shubham

Daivik: Why not Shubham?

Veni: He is his father na

Daivik: (smiling) Oh okay. So he has a wife and a kid!

Veni: I am meeting them again tomorrow! We will go to the airport papa!

Daivik: The airport? why?

Viren: Mahesh has his business in Dubai. He came especially for Shuchi and Amish's marriage.

Daivik: Ohh so she is dear to him. Nice big fat joint family!

Viren: Yes, it seems he does not have a sister and thinks of Shuchi and Shubhi as his sisters. You know how it is in a big family, you have your favourites in the army of cousins!

Veni: You should see so much fun that everyone had at the wedding with Mahesh mama.

Viren passed his phone showing the photograph of this Mahesh to Daivik to see whose eyes went wide in shock. This was the same man!

Daivik: Shuchi and Shubhi are his sisters! What are you talking about?

Viren: What are you talking about

Veni: What are you two talking about?

Daivik: Oh we were just having some fun as brothers.

Veni: Nice to see Chacha (uncle) joking and happy. Get back to being fun!

Viren: Yes, we need to get a chachi and that might make him fun again!

Veni: Hmm there is Shilpa maasi na, she always said that she will be my chachi.

Viren: But she is now married to your mausa.

Veni: (thinking) So, we have to find a new one for you

Daivik: I agree and now it is Veni's responsibility to find me a wife.

They high-five and have a great after-dinner walk. Once Veni is settled in her room, Viren cannot stop himself.

Viren: So, Dev, you do not know her cousins...Mahesh or anyone at all?

Daivik: No, I never really met them. Our marriage was a rush and I do not remember much of the family I met.

Viren: What about later? Did you never meet your wife's family?

Daivik: Well, we were like revolving doors, never really together...I have never even seen her house.

Viren: What?

Daivik: Mom...er...told me that they lived in a...hut.....that was the name of their house